AutoCAD LT 95 installation

njs500

Attempting to right a wrong (long story short - I had lost my wife's AutoCAD disk :oops:) I happened on an AutoCAD LT for windows95 disk on the web (the version she had) and attempted to install it on several PCs running XP (my wife's orginal disk ran on XP laptop w/o issue) However upon entering setup (installshield starts ok), I get the prompt to "Please inset the disk labeled: Personalization or installation disk". If I instead browse to the acltwin directory on the cd, and try again, I get the error "Setup encountered a problem personalizing your copy of AutoCAD LT. Please verify that the personalization and installation disks are located in drives you have provided and are not write protected".

Obviously there must be another cd necessary to run this? The disk I purchased appeared to be in an authentic autodesk jewel case, and doesn't mention anything about other disks on the setup instructions) Is there a work around?

If not, what would be a low cost alternative, keeping in mind she is very familar with this old version and may not be in the camp that thinks "change is good"! Thanks in advance

Is this on a CD? If so, there should have been only one disk. The original installation instructions would have prompted you for a serial number and an authorization code.

Low cost? There are a few freebie CAD programs available for downloading off the Internet but AutoCAD isn't one of them. There are also 30-day trial versions but that's not going to help over the long term.

Did you get a manual with this software?

Did you try contacting the person you bought the software from?

Looking through my old AutoDesk software I came across my AutoCAD LT 97 upgrade CD. Taped to the front of the CD holder is a label with a serial number and a CD key (4 character number). This is likely what LT 95 required as well.

Thanks for your quick response! Yes, it was a single CD in what appeared to be an unopened jewel case. No instructions (other then on the back of the jewel case) or manual was supplied. Upon entering SETUP, I get the blue AutoCAD LT backdrop and the usual "Welcome" box, but upon clicking the "next>" button, I get the small popup window requesting to insert the other disks, as noted above. No request for a serial number up until that point.

There is a printed tag affixed to the CD case, with a 5 digit-6digit-4 digit number, other then that nothing else.

(The seller did say I could send it back for a refund)

• 2 months later...

I have my original disks for AutoCAD LT for Windows 95. One is a Autodesk CD copywrited in 1997 XXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXX With Bar Code.

The other is an Autodesk 3.5 floppy titled Autodesk Personalization Disk 1.44MB AutoCAD LT for Windows 95,

Serial No. XXX-XXXXXXXX

XXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXX-I

With Bar Code

• 1 year later...

Hi NJS,

I have a personalization disc that would work. I happen to have lost disk1 (the one you have). Maybe we can each copy the one we have and swap? Since both of our sets are legal, and acad no longer supports this version, I see no probelms.

Nigel

Hi Howard,

I lost my original disk1 from my acad lt v95 set. Any chance i could get a copy of yours? I could send my original plus code to verify I'm legal.

thanks,

Nigel

nigel: You do realize you're responding to a post from 2009 right? njs500 has had 4 posts in all this time. If he hasn't solved his problem by now he never will.

• 1 year later...
Hi NJS,

I have a personalization disc that would work. I happen to have lost disk1 (the one you have). Maybe we can each copy the one we have and swap? Since both of our sets are legal, and acad no longer supports this version, I see no probelms.

Nigel

I am in the same boat. I have a legal Install Disk but cannot find my personalization disc. I know this is an old thread, but I would be willing to exchange also. Thanks!

• 2 years later...

How many threads are you going to resurrect just to continuing posting this so called miracle solution to running 2000LT on a Win8 system? Are you also a beta tester for Win10?

Yes I am testing win 10

I saw this posting after the other posting

after upgrading from xp in Apr 2014 to 8.1 could not use AutoCAD 2000Lt till Out 17 2014

sorry for 2 posting on this

How many threads are you going to resurrect just to continuing posting this so called miracle solution to running 2000LT on a Win8 system? Are you also a beta tester for Win10?

I'm not sure why you would still want to use AutoCAD LT 2000 (32-bit?) with your new OS (64-bit?) to do 2D work when you could download, for FREE, the 2D AutoCAD-clone called Draftsight from Dassault Systemes (makers of Solidworks) along with the FREE "Getting Started" guide. And it is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit configurations.

Thank you

I have down load know and will look this site for more info I have been use AutoCAD since 1995

How long will the free Dassault Systemes last

Dave

I'm not sure why you would still want to use AutoCAD LT 2000 (32-bit?) with your new OS (64-bit?) to do 2D work when you could download, for FREE, the 2D AutoCAD-clone called Draftsight from Dassault Systemes (makers of Solidworks) along with the FREE "Getting Started" guide. And it is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit configurations.

Nice. Well it shouldn't take you too long to get up to speed with it. There is a limited built-in help file and you can always join the Draftsight forum if you have questions about the program. Several of us here also have DS installed on our computers and use it from time to time. Have fun.

• 4 years later...

Update Apr 22 2019

I install AutoCad 95 and 2000 using Is3Engine and Is5Launcher

You will need the printer update too Plotupdate2000 need to use Is3Engine to install the update

Dave