Template Import

Hardney

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a quick way to import my template from .dwt to a .dwg received by other consultants to have all my styles in that .dwg just like it was done by us with our own styles?

I'm assuming it would be similar to Toolspace>Settings.

Expand the .dwg and .dwt file trees one level, and drag a folder from the .dwt to the .dwg and overwrite or ignore any duplicates. Its not a one buttong solution, but dragging the 5 folders I see under there typically wouldn't take me longer than 10-15 miutes (which is transfer time itself)

It must be different in Architectural

At the top of the tree is an OOTB .dwt that has a multitude of styles (surfaces, points, labels, etc.). The bottom dwg is from acad.dwt with no styles. When you drag from the top to the bottom, no styles are added. Help doesn't seem to want to work.

j1.JPG

Why not start a new .dwg from your template and them perform a Map query (or copy/paste) to bring in all their stuff?

Or are you saying they have Civil 3d stuff in theirs? If so then you'd have the option of using LandXML to bring in their data and stylize it with your own styles.

Rustysilo: The map query, I don't know what it is or how to do it. I already tried to copy paste, but each time I was about to paste, it only said Copyclip or something like that in the command line. Tried the XML thing but while it was building the xml file, it always crashed at some point... So for the record, I just dragged the settings from the .dwt to the .dwg in the prospector in master view, as Ipseifert recommended me, which took me from 15 to 20 minutes which is not really longer than the «aecstylemanager» which I didn't find where it is, though i'm pretty sure I have it, I should try it one day...

Thanks to all for the advices.

Crashed on export landxml? Must be a pretty hefty file or your computer isn't quite up to spec for a hog like C3d. If it had worked it would be the best way about it. If Autodesk could make C3d objects queryable via Map or copy/pasteable that would be nice too.

Well the file has about 4-6 corridors, alignments, profiles and profile views plus the surface. My computer was the top of the notch maybe a year and a half ago, so this isn't the problem although computer technology must be a bit faster today but for C3D 2009 it does the job quite well. I guess the file had some errors or something because the .dwt from where the .dwg comes from seems a little shabby...