Loading Custom Hatch Patterns

cablegadson

I am trying to load hatch files from StoneCAD. In the past I have been able to take hatch patterns from various sources and locate them in a file within AutoCAD LT, then use them without issue. I have never touched a .pat file or written anything in notepad or word, just simply copied the .dxf files to a file on my computer and was able to use them through AutoCAD LT 2009. Recently I had to reload the software and I can't figure out where I would go to put these hatch files. Any ideas?

Custom Hatch patterns/ PAT-extension file rules:

1. File name and hatch pattern name must be one and the same.

2. One hatch pattern per file.

3. there must be a single blank line at the end of the definition in the PAT

file.

4. The PAT file(s) must be in AutoCAD's search path.

Put the .pat file in your support file; next to acadiso.pat would be good. And then it will appear in the custom tab within hatch command.

• 2 years later...

Im trying to to the same as above . Found a wood grain custom hatch file online , but i cant locate this ".pat" file everyone talking about . searched acadiso.pat , no results , searched acad.pat , no results . Still looking . Could it be named differantly in Acad 2011 ? im a complete noob at custom hatches , storing and loading them ,aso any help would be greatly appreciated .

When you find a custom hatch pattern it has a file name all its own. Example: oakgrain.pat

This file either should be placed in a folder that is in your AutoCAD support file search path.

Use this command (type it EXACTLY as shown) to find where AutoCAD has placed your acad.pat file: (findfile"acad.pat")

Once you have the "path" to this file you'll know where to put the custom hatch pattern file you found and downloaded.