Display Order Problems and Exporting into Word

Guest CML

Hi Everyone

Right, I've spent the last two hours trying to export a CAD drawing into word (by exporting as WMF format).

The drawing is an isometric room layout with a solid hatched floor, and an object on one of the outside walls. The problem is, whenever I export the file, the hatched floor comes to the front and the object on the wall is behind it. I have changed the display order to send the shading to the back but it keeps changing :x

If anyone hears a big crash, it's my computer going out the window !

I'm using Autocad LT 2004.

Any advice ??

Hi,

I assume you are doing this for a LISP routine. This works for me.

(command "_.draworder" (entlast) "" "B")

Look in the help files under draworder and it's usage.

Have a good weekend.

Shawndoe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Again

Nah, it's not working. I've tried the command you mentioned but it's not helping. I spent hours last week messing about with the draw order but i still get the same problem.

What's a LISP routine by the way ?!

Try a regen after you set the display order. When I had that happen it was because that drawing had regenauto set to off. Also I set my regenmode to 1 in my acaddoc2004.lsp file so as to make sure that didn't happen agian. Use Regenauto at the command line if you don't feel qualified to edit your acaddoc2004.lsp file. Also setting the display order should be the last thing you do before the plot. Any object you change moves to the top of the display order.

Hope that gets it for you.

Shawndoe

Draworder is unreliable for hatches & blocks. To make sure something will be "on top", draw it last. Or copy it on top of itself (same "base" and "to" point), then erase previous.

COUGH - AutoCAD LT - COUGH - no lisp routines in LT - COUGH ;)

I have no problem with DrawOrder, in fact it works very well for me. Now I use full AutoCAD and not LT so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Try a regen after you set the display order. When I had that happen it was because that drawing had regenauto set to off. Also I set my regenmode to 1 in my acaddoc2004.lsp file so as to make sure that didn't happen agian. Use Regenauto at the command line if you don't feel qualified to edit your acaddoc2004.lsp file. Also setting the display order should be the last thing you do before the plot. Any object you change moves to the top of the display order.

Hope that gets it for you.

Shawndoe

AutoCAD LT, :huh: oops. A regen and setting Regenauto at the command line should still do it, though.

Have a good one all

Shawndoe

• 3 years later...

I used to have this problem until I found a different way of pasting my AutoCAD drawings into Word and Powerpoint...

If you copy straight out of AutoCAD, the lines will be all the same thickness and the sloped lines will be jaggy...

What I do is to plot the drawing to AdobePDF or CutePDF, and then open the drawing in Adobe Reader. It's all nice and smooth and the line thicknesses are correct.

Now, make sure that the snapshot preferences are set so that when you take a snapshot, the resolution of the capture is, say, 200 or 300 dpi. (it's normally set to 72 or 96dpi, so massive blockovision if you don't change the settings). once you've taken a snapshot of what you want, then you can paste it into Word or Powerpoint as as an WMF or EMF.... and it'll look beautiful!

try it!