2009 copy paste clip not working

dswinty

Have just started using 2009 and the copyclip and pasteclip do not work. Cannot use these commands in the same drawing or between drawings. Copyclip shows that objects are selected in the command line, but if they are, they do not paste. Saving drawings as 2007, so the 2000 problem should not be a factor. Worked fine in 2008. Could not find any previous threads relating to 2009.

Any ideas? Would appreciate any help.

Have you download and installed the service pack updates for 2009?? Seems to me that there was a fix for some copying issues in the updates somewhere but I'm not 100% on that. Something to think about though.

It sounds similar to a problem experienced in 2007. I think there was even a Hotfix issued for it.

What happens if you use Copy with basepoint? Just curious.

Basepoint does not work either. Generally that is the one I use most. Will check on updates and fixes.

Had no problem with 2008 and I just opened the drawings created in 2009 in 2008 and these commands still do not work. Now saving and inserting items as blocks.