Can not add model space view to sheets in PN

ktrides2

Background first - I am going through a "mock" project in AA-2008 before my office switches from 2005, where we did NOT utilized much of the ADT features, including sheet sets.

So I am using Project Navigator, I have constructs, views, model space views and sheets created. I try to drag and drop a view into a sheet and it will not work - I get the "NO" circle/line symbol and the option to "place on sheet" is grayed out when I right click on a view.

Now - one thing I have figured out is that it is related to the sheet set that I made to automatically come up when opening a project in project browser. Because if I select "add sheet" then I can drop that same view onto that new sheet, but not the pre-made sheet set sheets.

I hope I am clear and someone can assist - thank you guys!!!

more insight -

I created my sheet set template and made it the default sheet set. With most templates you must save them as another name after opened. Well the sheet sets in my new project are all still the sheets from the template, they don't allow me to save with the new project information. So I must be missing a step.

more insight -

I created my sheet set template and made it the default sheet set. With most templates you must save them as another name after opened. Well the sheet sets in my new project are all still the sheets from the template, they don't allow me to save with the new project information. So I must be missing a step.

I am still a little unclear as to your problem. Are you using the Sheet tab in the project navagator?

is it that your view file is not xrefing into your sheet that is created in the sheet tab?

Thanks for responding,

Here's what I did:

1. Options

AEC Project Defaults tab

Default Project Templates

Sheet Set Template File

and Created a new sheet set template made of 10 .dwg's and that all reside on my "K" network drive

and made that the default so it would be there when I open Project Navigator

2. Created a view, 'first floor'

From that created a model space view, 'entry'

3a. Tryed to reference model space view 'entry' into a sheet in PN and it would not allow

3b. I assumed that since action #1 on this list created a sheet set "template" that when I open a project on my "S" network drive that the sheets in the sheet set would be able to save to my new project, just like a dwt. But, they do not - they are still the sheets on the "K" drive.

4. I copied those sheets into my "S" project directory and I was able to reference the model space views with no problem.

So I guess my question is, how do I get a sheet set template to work properly over a network. I don't want everyone in the office to copy to the sheet set into their project folder, it should work like any other template, shouldn't it?

Hmm. I am not sure, we have our project templates set up quite a bit different than what you seem to have.

Ours is a blank project structure, it comes complete with all of the constructs, elements, and sheets preset in the project template. So with the sheet sets already set, I have not had to experience any problems with it.

When we go to create a new project, under the project navigator window in the lower right hand when clicking new project you can have it choose where your template is. We just have ours pointing to this blank project template, it will copy it completely and put the project name, number or any other information assigned to it during the creation of the new project. Maybe one of the other ACA guys will pop their head in here and might be of more help.

• 1 month later...

Our Firm does the same as Noahma. We have our sheet template set up on our network, then in a new project, right click on the project in PN and path the sheet dwt to that location on the network.