Dynamic Block-Interesting Senario

KnoJa31

So this is what is being asked of me. I have a stowage bin (a box with some information inbedded in it) with markers that provide locations. But here comes the fun stuff!!

Those locations so far have been manually entered in. Is it possible to have a base entry that will dictate the rest of the numbers? (see attached file: STOWAGE BINS)

For instance: would it be possible to have the first entry (7) dictate what the rest of the marker entries show. It needs to be in increments of 7. So what is shown in the example .dwg would be correct. But if i wanted to change the first entry (7) to show 1110 the rest of the entrys would need to increase by 7. (1117, 1124...)

So far i have tried to insert separate tables and have fields within the tables that link to the previous table with a formula

(table(xxxxxxxxxxxx).A1+7). It worked great...

once. But after that it its a no go.

At first blush I'd say you're probably looking for a block insertion LISP routine. I could be wrong though (its happened once or twice before).

I was thinking that a LISP routine would work but dont know how to write that stuff!!!

I think that i have found a work around for the time being. I just created a table that have formulas. The first cell will be the manual entry that we have to do. The rest of the fields Which i have locked) have a formula referring to the previous cell and adds 7 (=A1+7, =B2+7...) then created a block. When its on the Tool Palette, under the properties for that block i set it so that it will explode on insertion. It seems to work.

I think that i will see if my company will send me to a school that can teach me LISP routines for future knowledge!!!

Thank you for your input!!!