Flippin' dynamic "Flip" action!

brawleyman

Has anyone had any luck with the "Flip" action in blocks? :? I got my block to work almost the way I want, but I want to be able to flip, not just the block, but also the text justificaiton. I have a version of the block with a left and right justified text, but you have to re-enter the info if you switch sides. Has anyone figured out a way to get it to work correctly?

I attached the file so that you can open it and play with it a little and understand what I am talking about. Thanks!

Copy of TEXT - WIRETAG.dwg

I don't quite get it... you block look fine to me!

I know that it looks to be okay at first. By default, the block is set to show the text to the right, hence middle left justification. However, sometimes, the block has to be flipped because of space contraints on the floor plan so that the text shows on the left. But, when you start typing in info, it stays left justified and gets messed up. Just try typing in some things when it is flipped to the left and see what happens.

Try replacing the text with an attribute, or an MLeader, I've had good success with their formating when being mirrored.

The text is already an attribute, so that when I double-click the block, I can quickly type in my info. I would like for it to be a block because it is much easier to deal with and move around on busy drawings. I was just wondering if anybody has figured out a way to flip the orientation too.

Think I found a solution, if you make the attribute multi-line Text you can click the [...] button and use the mtext editor. It should still prompt on block insertion.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem with my block as well. When I try to select the attdef to add to the flip, I get the following text on the command line: 2 unlocked attdefs filtered from selection

What gives? Any help?

After screwing with it some more, I was able to revise the block to work exactly as I wanted. The breakthrough came when I completely recreated the block and incorporated the flip before the move when the block was remade.

The only lingering question I have, and this applies to blocks with attributes in general, is why do the attributes move around if you scale a block using the properties dialog box? It's not a huge deal as you can right click and reset block back to it's original location...but it gets annoying.

It all comes down to what items are included in the selection sets of the various parameters. I will include grip points, as I want them to stay near their associated objects, but I will only include the actions if I want them to be chained. Create a few sample blocks and try modifying your selection sets for the different actions and eventually you will come to understand how they relate to one another.