creating a legal size title block proving difficult.

OFFSET THIS!

sup everyone,

I'am new at this forum and have a question about making a legal size title block that goes neatly around the edge of the paper, I just got my first cad job with my asso. degree... the company I work for prints in legal and hasnt been using title blocks, I brought some from school but there isnt a legal size title block.

no matter what I do I seem to always have too big of a gap between the edge of the title block and edge of the paper, I tried resizing the limits to the end, but cad still doesnt print it out correctly.

might be the printer.

anyway, maybe if anyone already has a legal size title block that works (thats 8.5" x 14") I believe, that I can download or you can email me, that would help me alot..

ps. I'm using autocad 2005

thanks! :roll:

• 3 years later...

no matter what I do I seem to always have too big of a gap between the edge of the title block and edge of the paper, I tried resizing the limits to the end, but cad still doesnt print it out correctly.

Each printer has a "hard" margin built in. Generally a printer can only print so close to the edge of the paper as it is fed through the printer.

Create a solid block of gray and plot it so that the gray solid covers the entire sheet from edge to edge. Wherever there is white on the sheet is the limits of your printer. Measure this and that is as close as you can put your title block border.

You could try this approach. When it comes time to plot instead of plotting "Display" select "Window". Your "window" should be the actual border. Then enable the option to center the plot. That will probably get you as close to the edge of your paper as possible.