Font used in Technical Drawing, Questions

huygen

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what font name is usually used in technical drawing for letter and number?

Also, how to use greek symbol font in autocad such as in dimension, text tool, etc.?

Thanks

Huygen

I would say either Simplex or Roman. Why do you ask?

I'd stay away from any fonts that are overly complex as they add to the drawing file size and can be difficult to read if a drawing is scaled down from full size to that of a normal sheet of paper.

I don't think you mean to say greek symbol font but just greek symbol. I know it can be done in MText. Have you tried?

As a technical font we use isocp its a plain font and very readable at various plotted scales.

If you want special characters then just use a true type font, have a look at dingbats, we have true type fonts for all of our road signs each cahracter is one road sign. A nice thing is they are true type so you can use them in a word doc as well.