orthographic views - bottom view wrong!

Guest geoffalan

Guest geoffalan

I am working on a program that will display up to six orthographic views of a model. My first layout is for five orthographic views. The front and two side elevations are correctly displayed as well as the top or plan view but the bottom view is incorrect. I used the View menu 3D View options. It would require a rotation of 180 degrees in the XY plane to be a geometrically correct bottom view. "Bottom View" selected is equivalent to View Preset 270, -90 x axis Absolute to WCS.

If I alter the -90 to -89 degrees the view is correct, but of course it is not a true main view. I am using AutoCAD 2004. I can't for the life of me find an error in my selection of methods,. it's as if there's an error in the trig code programming. I would appreciate a solution to this problem as I am working on some worksheets for children to use and at present I am unable to continue. :geek:

Hmm, no-one got back to you yet. It's a strange one. Have you tried changing the start angle to North and then testing again to see if the same thing occurs?

Guest geoffalan

Thanks for replying.

I have tried changing the view to North and variations of the the Present angle to the XY plane Autocad 2004 accepts 89 degrees crrectly but reverts to the rotated view if I try to get closer to 90. :?

• 4 years later...

I know this has been dead for a bit (2005), and this is my first reply in these forums :), but in case it hasn't been discussed again... I have come up with a semi-solution to this problem in the viewports.

Just create another UCS with the x and y flipped around and then change your view within the viewport to a bottom view with the new UCS.

This worked for me on a few drawings that I needed in AutoCAD 2000.

Hope that helps someone :)