Scale X in dynamic block

Huibert

I am trying to create a scale function in a dynamic block that only scales in the x direction.

The reason that i can't use a set of stretch functions with different multipliers is that i also need to scale the width of to polylines in the block.

Is it posible to modify the scale function so it will only scale in x direction.

I'm not aware of one.

Why can't you use stretch? If you have to maintain spacing of other items you can use several stretch actions linked to a single parameter with their own multiplier.

can you post the block?

Why use a dynamic block?... just use properties & scale it in the x... everything gets scaled then (including your polyline widths :wink: ).

I am trying to create a series of dynamic blocks to draw reinforcement in precast concrete elements. This is the first experimental one of and easy part, the extra reinforcement around a window clearence of a precast wall panel.

But the problem I have is that I want to adjust the width of the polylines.

Why polylines with a width would you ask and not a rectangular hatch or something like that? because the rest of our company uses polylines to draw reinforcement. And this set of dynamic blocks is supposed to be used not only by me (so it has to be conveniant)

The only way to modify the width of a polyline in a dynamic block seem to be the scale function, but this function scales more than I want.

raansparing(1.0).dwg

Well you could use rectangles with a solid fill hatch instead of constant width polylines. Set the hatch to associative and any stretching you apply to the rectangle will make the hatch readjust.