I need to convert over 200 .DNG files to .PDF, help!

naknakkus

And I don't want to take all day doing it, as I've got some actual draughting to do today.

I know that I can import the .dgns separately and PDF them one by one, but is there an easier way? Is there a program that will convert them to .pdf right off the bat, and give me the option to plot them as monochrome?

Any advice is appreciated. I've been googling for programs but I haven't found a good solution yet.

Cheers

Edit to add:

I don't have access to Microstation. I have ACAD LT 2009 and Adobe Pro, that's it.

I'm also getting this error message when I just double click on the .dgn files:

Cannot find the specified drawing file.

Please verify that the file exists.

But if I use the DGNIMPORT command I can open them. This isn't very convenient, however.

Yeah, the batch plot may not be there but you should be able to at least plot to a PDF from there. Cannot LT 09 open a .dgn file? I know the full versions of 08 and 09 can. Good luck :)

It can open them, but I need to do it from the command line for some reason, which would take a million years (especially since I'd have to punch in the drawing no. again afterwards).

Major hassle.

It can open them, but I need to do it from the command line for some reason, which would take a million years (especially since I'd have to punch in the drawing no. again afterwards).

Major hassle.

This wouldn't be a case of FILEDIA set to 0, would it?

Oh, I get it now. Are trying to double-click on the file name in explorer and wanting LT to open them. No, this won't work to my knowledge. Not with AutoCAD.

FILEDIA is set to 1 now. How does it affect my problem? The .dgn files still can't be opened by clicking on them.

Ah no, that just means that within AutoCAD you get the Open-window instead of typing on the command line what file you want to open.

Can't you set what program to always open a certain type of file with? right-clicking on the file I think. But that's only if AutoCAD can open the particular file-type.

The weird thing is that it can open the .dgns and view them, but only from the command line.

Oh well. I'm trying to convert these things using BentleyView, and it's giving me all sorts of grief. I wish these guys had just used .dwgs instead! I'd be willing to pay for a .dgn/.pdf converter that could batch convert, but I haven't been able to find one that works.

Thanks for your suggestions.