Embedding an image

SteveC

So, I want to be able to insert an image into my title block (my companies logo), then be able to send the file to co-workers so they can use the same titleblock. The problem arises because the image does not actually embed into the layout, it simply tells AutoCAD where to call the image from. This creates a problem when other people try and open the file on their PC and there is only a filepath and no image.

Any ideas?

As posted by George Drayton at the AutoDesk Discussion Groups:

"When you send DWG's to another user you should use eTransmit which gathers together all the files that the current DWG is using (Xrefs, images, fonts etc) hem up. Otherwise you have to remember to include the image file with the DWG you send."

Check out AutoCAD Help. First, type the word "path" in the blank box on the Index tab. From the list that is displayed select raster image files. This should pull up the topic Change File Paths of Raster Images.

Check out AutoCAD Help. First, type the word "path" in the blank box on the Index tab. From the list that is displayed select raster image files. This should pull up the topic Change File Paths of Raster Images.

Can't find that ReMark.... :(

Seems to be everything BUT that.. :(

Perhaps its only in ACAD '09 ?

Welcome to the forums Steve.

You might open the image you want in i.e.: Paintshop.

Minimize the editor screen.

"INSERTOBJ" cruise to your image and insert.

So, I want to be able to insert an image into my title block (my companies logo), then be able to send the file to co-workers so they can use the same titleblock. The problem arises because the image does not actually embed into the layout, it simply tells AutoCAD where to call the image from. This creates a problem when other people try and open the file on their PC and there is only a filepath and no image.

Any ideas?

If you are on the same network, then using the proper relative path will solve this. If you are sending the drawing out, then you can either use eTransmit or you can truly embed the image using one of these methods.

• 5 years later...

Looking to Embed a TIFF image into AutoCAD - Can't be attached as a client wants it to be embedded. Stops all the searching location paths etc.

How do I go about this?

Tried to embedd it using the INSERTOBJ command, but this is print a blank page, with the new CAD work only. Know a way to get around this?

I had this same issue with a co-worker in a different state.

So I created a folder on the C: drive and linked all of our jpeg, png and tiffs to that folder.

Then I sent them the files in a folder so all they had to do was drop it onto their C: drive and the file can now find them.

Hope this helps

Hi I read this somewhere & it seems to work ok.

Open something (I used Word) & insert the "picture" Open your drawing then go back to word & just copy & paste into the drawing. As I read it the important bit was to paste it into something else first.

Hopefully it may work for you, apologies if not. I just used a straight foreward copy & paste nothing special.