Block attribute change within a table...

We have a table setup with blocks that have changeable attributes. In the block drawing, if you double-click on the text, an attributes box opens and you can change it. When the block is in the table, double-clicking opens a different box, without the option to change the text. The text has to be changed within the properties window. Any ideas how to change this so that the attributes can be changed without going into the properties window? Thanks!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seneb

• chelsea1307

• lpseifert

• Delphi1

After you dbl-clk and get the first dialog box, click OK and the Edit Attribute Definition dialog box should open (if the block has attributes).

Strange. It does the same thing on my machine as on the user's. I'm a new CAD Manager for a firm, and am still trying to figure out their way of doing things. Maybe something was screwed up in the initial setup. Thanks for the help.

I finally brought in my laptop with v2008, and it works as Ipseifert described. For some reason in v2009 it just closes after clicking OK instead of going to the Enter Attributes dialog. Anyone know of a setting that might affect this?

I havent had this problem until today. I took all our old tables that were created using lines and transfered them into autocads tables and didnt have a problem, Went to check my settings for you to see what was different and now im having the same problem and it worked fine a few weeks ago when I created the tables. Im also using '09 I just checked another computer here thats 09 and it doesnt work for them either, but it did work for me at one time using '09 its got to be a setting.

I just noticed you're in Sacramento. I used to live there and worked for CalTrans, Parsons, and Foothill Associates. Where are you working?

ainsworth assosiates (aa-me), used to be stecher ainsworth and miner (SAM) i might of spelled the names wrong

i just loaded my old profile it had some serious bugs, i forgot a changed that, and i can edit blocks in tables again, now to find whats different.

been busy havent had much time to look but i will as soon as i get a chance and let you know, you know any good ways to compare two profiles?

No worries, just curious. You can export the profile (ARG) and open it in Notepad, but it is a pretty long file. I don't know a good way to compare except for having both files open at once and going section by section. Sounds painfully tedious though.

attreq set to 1

At least it worked for me and coworker. I tried his and my profile on both machines and each time it was his profile that did this. I exported both sysvars to file via sysvdlg and compared them both with Beyond Compare to find out the problem.

Oh and I can't find that variable directly in the profile. It must be there, but must be written differently.

Hope this helps!