REBAR material in sketchup

phorest

Im trying to render a model of a retaining wall with the reinforcement bars having the "rusted metal" material, but it doesnt look as good as it could. Are there any materials that resemble more rebars than "rusted metal"? Thanks.

I had a quick go at making a rebar texture. I could use one in the future so...

It renders pretty well too.

I am attaching the SketchUp file and the texture for you.

Hope this helps.

Rebar.zip

Rebar2.jpg

• 1 month later...

ive actually hit a problem here, when i try to apply that material to my own bars, it puts the material sideways onto the bars. Here at the bottom of this photo is my attempt, and on top is the first one. Ive tried saving and rotating the image used to apply onto it, but it just gave me the same results. Any ideas on how to fix this?

thisonenow.jpg

I am sorry but I don't see a difference.

Edit: Ok, maybe I do. The image is hard to tell however.

If it is rotating the image 90 degrees then do this. Turn on your hidden geometry, right click one of the faces and rotate the image position. Then choose your paint bucket, hold down the alt key and sample that texture. Then turn off your hidden geometry and paint the bar again. This should fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
I am sorry but I don't see a difference.

Edit: Ok, maybe I do. The image is hard to tell however.

If it is rotating the image 90 degrees then do this. Turn on your hidden geometry, right click one of the faces and rotate the image position. Then choose your paint bucket, hold down the alt key and sample that texture. Then turn off your hidden geometry and paint the bar again. This should fix it.

That worked perfectly, thank you very much!

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to see the results of the animations where i used this, i have them on display in the Showcase section.

[url="http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34871"]http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34871[/url]