Sheet sets, layers, page overrides, defining a state as "whatever it is currently"...

Doove

Hi

Using the sheet set manager is very handy, but I have a couple of queries.

We have a specific layer (same name) on all drawings which is usually turned off. It contains a field that pulls a custom property from the sheet set manager. I would like to turn this layer on / off from the sheet set manager to either etransmit the entire drawing set or plot it. Does anyone know of any way faster than opening all drawings and doing it 'by hand'?

I also have a kind of combined query regarding all the autocad managers; is there a method to, say in the layer states manager, tell autocad to turn layer "whatever" on but leave all other layers as they are? Kind of like wild cards in queries or something?:?

My purpose would be to export and import that layer state into lots of drawings which would have some common layers but many individual layers. Or would I have to set up layer states individually for each drawing?

Oh, yes - using the page overrides in sheet set manager; is there a method to specify the plotter, page size but tell autocad to use whatever the default plot style is per layout? I have sheet sets of civil & mechanical drawings that I would like to print to our A3 printer but they use different CTB files depending on discipline & scale.

I really hope someone out there can help, and thanks in advance if you can.

Cheers

Doove