Need serious help with 3d model

Jrose

Ok so i tried everything with this model and can't figure it out. What i want to do is center this bigger sink with the smaller sink. How do i go about doing that.Please Advice

SINK.jpg

You can use the Move Faces command (Solids Editting). The command will let you move objects within your solid as long as you aren't creating a new component. For example you could move a slot or a hole.

ReMark,

I tried to move the faces, but because the sink has round fillets at the bottom. It won't let me move the round fillets. Is there a way to move them too.

Thanks

I must disagree with my esteemed colleague above. Slice and union are not the way to go. But it is your drawing and you can edit it any way you want. Be my guest.

When I use Move Faces I do it by switching to 2D Wireframe so I can see what faces I am picking. If I pick a wrong face or change my mind about a face that was selected I use the Remove option of the command. Maybe you just failed to pick the fillet. That is a simple and common oversight.

How do I find out if it is one. I didn't create this, the person before me did.

I think it is cause I can move other things in this solid using the solid editing tools.

The only time you would be having trouble is if you were trying to use the extrude face command.

SOLIDEDIT>Face>Move, then select your faces, specify a base point and move point. In my screen shot i drew something similar for you. I selected each fillet corner and the base and moved them down a few inches. The screen shot shows the selected faces. If this doesnt work there must be another reason.

what rgr said about slicing would work and you could extrude face up to the new part.

sink.jpg

Shift1313,

I see what your saying but I would like to move it side to side and not up and down. If there is a way to do that please advice.

Thanks

is it possible for you to upload the file of the sink here?

yes you can move the sink left/right etc. you follow the same process but you need to select every face contained in the sink. the bottom, fillets and walls. then you can move it around within the solid object(and then some)

Move Faces will select entire sections but those dashed lines you see are edges of faces that can be deselected by typing R for remove.

This isn't a block is it?

Here is the file. Please advice. I need to center the sink and move those holes to the other side. Pretty much mirror the sink and holes. i know you can do this but i prefer you let me know how you did it.

Thanks

Sink basin.dwg

Dont know if this is what you're after but, I just played with it a little. Since the top has a lip, rathern then being solid it makes it more involved and may require more steps. Pretty much use the Slice and Boolean commands.

Sink basin_m.zip