Architectural Symbols menu within toolbar lost

JamFam

Greetings one and all, long time no write. I had a computer problem that saw my hard drive with non critical info erased during the installation of a new and much bigger hard drive. One of those things erased was an add on ( I think) to my AutoCAD 2000 program. The add on allowed me to click on an icon on the toolbar that opened a small drop down menu that contained architectural symbols, specifically Detail indicator, Section indicator, Elevation/View indicator etc. I have tried for the past 2 days to remember what the toolbar option/feature was called but I have come up empty. I say add on because I honestly don't recall it being loaded from the initial installation. So I am appealing to my fellow AutoCAD aficionado's for help. If you have or know of this freeware application that I have described I would appreciate a reply. I do have the original AutoCAD CD, so if I have missed something staring me in the face please kindly post.

JamFam

Architectural symbols were not a part of the original installation of AC 2000. Some of the LT products included symbols (why I don't know). Maybe this add-on was a customization by someone else? Are you working in an office?

OK, this is the last one I'm going to post. It's called DMenu. It's actually Shareware ($55/U.S.) but maybe you forgot to pay for it. Look at the description and right below it you'll see the link to download DMENU for AutoCAD LT 2000 2.0.

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multimedia_and_Graphics/Misc__Graphics_Tools/DMENU_for_AutoCAD_LT2000.html

Thanks ReMark for your replies. To answer your first question, I work at home. I have checked out the various links you provided and non resembles what I had. The add on was to my best recollection a freeware, but I could be wrong. The frustrating thing is that I may have it on a CD somewhere but if I don't know what I'm looking I won't know when I've found it. I don't want to have to pay for something that I know I didn't have to pay for when I was using it. Any other suggestions would be helpful. I did discover that I have the book and accompanying cd of AutoCAD 2000 Bible by Ellen Finkelstein as well as a cd of Mastering AutoCAD 2000 so maybe the freeware is on one of those cd's. Keep posting, we all benefit from questions asked and answered.

JamFam

You do realize how long ago we're talking? The chances this "freeware" program still exists is probably pretty slim. I was amazed to see the AutoDesk Symbols still available at Amazon (pretty good price too).

You have absolutely no clue as to what this symbol library was called or who put it together? Any little hint might be just enough to at least use to run down some information.

This is so frustrating!! I can't even remember what the application name started with. I know it loaded into the toolbar just like the Adobe PDF functions, you know, the little icons that allow you to convert to PDF. I think what I may end up doing is hooking up an old hard drive (not the one that got erased) and try to search through it to see if it had any files or programs associated with AutoCAD 2000.

Thanks ReMark.

This is so frustrating!! Lets try looking at this problem a different way. My objective is to insert in a drawing typical architectural drafting symbols, specifically a drawing title, Elevation, Section, Door number Revision, Key notes and finishes. Because I can't find the little drop down menu on my toolbar that was there how else can I insert these "blocks" (I guess that's what they are) into my drawing? Are these items somewhere within an AutoCAD software library? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks to all

These "blocks" as you refer to them are just drawings and the "icon" probably had a macro assigned to it that would insert the required block based upon the icon you selected. Don't you have a copy of all your previous .dwg files?

Yes I have copies of previous files. I don't quite follow you on the macro thing, but yes a small drop down menu would appear from the toolbar and from that I could select a specific architectural block to insert into a drawing. The choices were limited to no more than 8 or so blocks. I'm thinking that maybe this thing came included with one of my cd's.

Thanks

Hi ReMark, I found the application and I am a happy chappy. It's called NPS AutoCAD Tools and can be found at http://cadd.den.nps.gov/standards.html. On the right side of the screen is an On This Page menu, scroll down and select NPS AutoCAD Tools, there you will see release 2000 - 2007 with an instruction readme.txt file, a download npstools20061005.exe along with a what's new link. I found the application on a backup cd I had. The application is installed and is working great. Thanks for everything and check out the site I mentioned, it has many interesting things.

JamFam