Scale a drawing to fit my title block but keep the dimensions

Hitbychance

Hey everyone, I am currently doing a drawing where i need to scale it down so it fits inside my title block, but i want put the dimensions in after scaling and still read the same distance. Ive done this on ACAD 2007 last year but can't remember, i'm using 2008 can anyone help? :o

might be a dumb question. but why are you putting the boder in model space instead of pasting it as a block in paper space?

I'm afraid I've got to agree with NLClause here - People at my old company used to stretch the border to fit the drawing, but then when you come to plotting, you scale the whole lot to fit the page.

I find a more professional way to do it would be to paste the border into paperspace and draw a viewport inside the border to house your drawing.

Then, set the viewport scale so that the drawing fits snuggly inside the border and lock the viewport to hold the scale.

This way, one can print the drawing at 1:1, and you know the exact scale of the drawing by the viewport.