Title Block Attributes & Fields

wannabe

To improve CAD standards I would like to combat the problem of where a drawing sheet/title block has x lines of attributes that are used for the drawing title.

For a 3 lined title, you use the 2,3 & 4th to justify the text in the centre. Any more, or any less and it can look a bit awkward.

What I tried doing was setting these attributes to be invisible - so we can still set the drawing title by clicking on the block. But, I tried adding an isntance of Mtext that contains a field, that is populated by the value of my attributes.

Unfortunately, when inserted as a block it doesn't update the field, but when the text is a separate entity not in the block, a quick regen and it does work,

So....am I under-utilising the functionality of fields, or is my idea a non-starter?

Can't you use Multi-Line Attributes ?

I think NBC has hit this on the head. I've just looked at modifying our titleblock, and I can change the attributes to multiline.

Thanks NBC, new one for me to use.:D