update dynamic block via linked table

quegs

Is it possible to update a dynamic block parameter value by changing the value in a cell of some table?

For instance: I create a dynamic block of a rectangle with the length of the rectangle defined as a parameter and stretch action associated with that parameter. Is it possible to link that parameter to the value in a cell of some table such that if I edit the table and change the cell value, the rectangle changes accordingly?

I've never heard of such a thing for autocad. With revit or bentley (in a BIM model) you could potentially alter the properties of the object by changing the information attached to that object (in a table format). The problem is that each object/block has its own properties.. Thefore the information in the table would have to be attached to multiple objects and I have no idea how you would even go about that in autocad.

There is probably a scripted way of setting up either an autocad table or an inserted excel table to link to the properties/dimensions of the block itself but I have no idea how one would go about that either..

There might also be something like this for a block in, say, solidworks. But from my experience even solidworks creates tables from the properties of the object and not the other way around.

It's an interesting question.

-Chris