Annoying Paintbrush Cursor

Jaelin

Ok, I start AutoCAD up this morning and suddenly I have this nice little paintbrush showing up beside my cursor. This is not causing any issues that I know of but is annoying me. I've checked through my option settings and can't find anything to explain this. Anybody know what this might be?? See the pic below.

Cursor.jpg

Ok, I start AutoCAD up this morning and suddenly I have this nice little paintbrush showing up beside my cursor. This is not causing any issues that I know of but is annoying me. I've checked through my option settings and can't find anything to explain this. Anybody know what this might be?? See the pic below.

I have recently installed ACAD09, this has also happened to me a few times..

strange....the command MATCHPROP brings out that icon - what happens if you start MATCHPROP then? :?

Hmm, now that you mention it I believe that may have been the command I used right b4 the icon showed up. I didn't think anything of it because I was using the command but then it stays on afterwards.

The only difference between that and MATCHPROP is that I have the pickbox while using MATCHPROP but the crosshair when not using the command.

Restarting the command does nothing.

is matchprop set to star aoutomatically somehow? :huh:

Not that I know of. It's not starting up on it's own at least.

:?

Hmmm, that is weird. - what happens to it when you invoke other commands that use say a pickbox, or a pickbox with a different icon - does it stay there?

My normal icon is the crosshair with pickbox overlay w/o the paintbrush. When I used to use commands like trim, layer freeze, scale, etc. it would show just the pickbox. Now it shows the pickbox on all of those commands with the paintbrush. Same way for commands that show used to just show the crosshair. Now it shows the crosshair with the paintbrush. It's almost like the paintbrush has attached as a permanent fixture to every command I do now. This is very confusing. :?

• 1 month later...

I snooped around a little bit on the internet (I know, I know, I strayed from this site) and the general concensus seemed to be that it was a bug. The options ranged from restarting the matchprop command, saving and reopening the drawing, exiting Autocad and going back in again, and using the hatch command, then erasing the hatch you created. Since I didn't want to be bothered by opening and closing drawings or autocad, I fiddled around with it for a while (granted, it took longer than opening/closing, hahah) and found that the hatch command worked fine. Irritating little quirk though.....

I snooped around a little bit on the internet (I know, I know, I strayed from this site) and the general concensus seemed to be that it was a bug. The options ranged from restarting the matchprop command, saving and reopening the drawing, exiting Autocad and going back in again, and using the hatch command, then erasing the hatch you created. Since I didn't want to be bothered by opening and closing drawings or autocad, I fiddled around with it for a while (granted, it took longer than opening/closing, hahah) and found that the hatch command worked fine. Irritating little quirk though.....

No doubt a patch will be released in due course. :thumbsup:

Yeah, a patch would be good. I'm running Civil 3D and it still does it; you'd think that would have been dealt with, given the version in which it first showed up. I remember it happening a few years ago too, probably AutoCad 14 or so.... Anyway, we'll see. Cheers!:?

This happened to me after installing 09 with a lot of other strange things like hollow arrowheads, unable to create blocks, unable to copy/paste and etc. Seemed to be a new bug every day. After downloading all the patches available, many things seemed to fix up, if not right away then after rebooting a couple of times. this matchprop symbol just seemed to disappear after a while with all the other things I was getting fixed. Can't say exactly what it was that fixed it unfortunately.

Good luck.

No doubt a patch will be released in due course. :thumbsup:

I don't know, I've been getting an intermittent hourglass on my cursor in Layers box for several releases.

I sometimes get the paintbrush sticking after matching proporties.

I have to close down the drawing and re-open it to make it dissapear.

I also have a problem with the multiline. When I use this and finish, the multiline options in the ribbon stick instead of dissapearing after use.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but somebody might find this useful when doing a search on the subject. I'm running Civil 2011 and had this matchprop brush show up, and the former fix didn't work (hatching something and erasing the hatch). I found a fix on the Autodesk website, thanks to "JohnEng" for posting this easy tip:

Try starting the match properties command and then immediately hit enter with out selecting anything. This should turn it off.

Works like a charm.

Cheers!:?

• 4 years later...