plot objects w/ solid color hatch and not show object lines: how?

Sudan

Hi, Newbie here.

Problem:

Is there a way to plot objects that are solid color hatched and not have the lines used to draw the object show up on the plot?

Detailed explanation:

My drawing is of a ceramic tile floor pattern. I have drawn the tile pieces correct size. And I have drawn the area of the grout between the tiles as actual dimensioned objects, albeit only 1/8" wide but long.

All objects like different shapes of tiles and different parts of grout area all on their own layers. I'm using several different kinds of tile: square, rectangle, triangle, etc. Each kind of tile is on its own layer and the color of the lines used to draw one kind of tile are color coded. Square tile uses green line, rectangle tile uses red line, etc.

I have successfully done a solid color hatch to "fill" the tile objects. The objects that are grout area are not hatched.

I freeze all layers that show grout. This leaves me seeing the layers that show tile with the colored lines that define the tile object geometry and with the solid color hatch showing too.

I plot it. Plots OK, except the colored lines that I drew to create the tile objects also plot and show as a "border" along the outline of the solid color hatch. Is there a way to plot and not have the lines of object plotted/printed? I.e., just plot the solid color hatches?

I'm a newbie and this is my first attempt at hatching. I'm not well learned in hatching, but it seems to me that the solid color hatching for an object is part of that object and therefore is on the same layer as the object I hatched.

Thanks.

change the outline to a new layer and just turn off the plot of that layer. Or just turn off the layer.

Does that imply that the solid color hatch has to be on a different layer from the layer that contains the drawn object?

Is hatch an object? Or is it a property of an object?

Depending on which layer you were in when you added the hatch that will be what it is on. If you are talking the hatch is on a 3d object that is different. But I would just add a new layer and match properties. So that you can turn off one or the other. Hatch is its own object you placed it inside of another but it still has its own properties.

A "super simple" method for having "non-printing" information is to move the stuff over to the layer known as "DefPoints" .. its not the "right way" to do it .. but it works in a pinch.

Again, as others have suggested, create a layer, call it "NoPrint" for ease .. and in the properties of that layer, you can turn off the print-ability (same as DefPoints is non-printable).

Thanks to everyone. Solution was understanding that hatches are objects. And I just had to put them on a layer by themselves. I thought hatches were a property of, for example, a polygon. And then I just printed the layer that has hatches on it.