Recent Input Commands not recording

A co-worker has ran into a problem since installing 2009. When drafting she quite frequently right-clicks and goes to recent input to pull up a recently used command rather than typing the command again or using the toolbars. Since installing 2009 her recent input menu does not record her commands to where she can pull them back up. I checked mine on 2009 and it works (which doesn't help me because I don't use it). Is there a setting to turn this on or something? I've searched through her options and settings and can't find anything leading me to believe that it might turn on/off this function. Any ideas about this??

Hmmm... Only thing that comes to mind is perhaps the number of commands it displays is set to a certain number and it is not displaying the rest?

In 2009 you have a couple ways of doing the same thing with this though

1- you can right-click the command line and select "recent commands"

or

2-Push ALT + A or browse to the menu and click "recent actions"

To change the number of recent actions listed

1. Click Tools ^ Options.Enter optins at the Command prompt.
  2. In the Options dialog box, click the Open and Save tab.
  3. In the Menu Browser ^ Number of Recently Used Actions text box, enter the number of recent documents to be listed. You can choose any number between 0 and 50.

As far as resetting the number for how many "recent commands" to display I'm not sure.. It seems it's almost easier to use the new "recent actions" setup because you can click Alt+A and have it pop up. You can also pin down certain commands to remain there so they're always there too (which is cool).

Under the help menu under "View Recent Actions" there is also short movie clip/tutorial on how it works. It seems better/faster than the old way, plus you can put commands in there that you use alot. If you are looking for a command under "recent commands" and it is set to display 8 commands, it won't display the one you're looking for if you used it 10 commands ago.. Plus, with the "recent actions" all you have to do is hit alt+a and one click of the mouse and the command you want will always be there where it might not for "recent commands".

-ChriS

Hmmm... Only thing that comes to mind is perhaps the number of commands it displays is set to a certain number and it is not displaying the rest?

In 2009 you have a couple ways of doing the same thing with this though

1- you can right-click the command line and select "recent commands"

I've tried it several ways using this. You can right-click and select "recent input", you can right-click the command line and do the "recent commands" and seems like there was another way I did it on my computer and it worked. But it didn't on hers. None of those methods work on hers.

2-Push ALT + A or browse to the menu and click "recent actions"

It seems it's almost easier to use the new "recent actions" setup because you can click Alt+A and have it pop up. You can also pin down certain commands to remain there so they're always there too (which is cool).

Under the help menu under "View Recent Actions" there is also short movie clip/tutorial on how it works. It seems better/faster than the old way, plus you can put commands in there that you use alot. If you are looking for a command under "recent commands" and it is set to display 8 commands, it won't display the one you're looking for if you used it 10 commands ago.. Plus, with the "recent actions" all you have to do is hit alt+a and one click of the mouse and the command you want will always be there where it might not for "recent commands".

-ChriS

I can't seem to get "View Recent Actions" to work even on my PC. It's always been bugged for me on loading drawings from the "Recent Documents" section. When I click on a drawing it opens a different one on the list. I don't know if it's a bug contained in Land Desktop Companion or what. But as far as the "View Recent Actions" it's not recording any of my actions and I have it set to 20. So not sure what's going on with that. :?

Thanks for the input though.

Theres a posibility there was a problem on the install, hate to go this way but a repair or a reinstall might fix it if nothing else will, if its something that hasnt worked since installed theres a good chance that the problem is something not being installed right. Just a thought, have you tried replacing her acad.cui file with yours?

Theres a posibility there was a problem on the install, hate to go this way but a repair or a reinstall might fix it if nothing else will, if its something that hasnt worked since installed theres a good chance that the problem is something not being installed right. Just a thought, have you tried replacing her acad.cui file with yours?

Yeah, repair/reinstall was one of my next options if I wanted to go that far, however it's more of a nuisance than a necessity so I think I'll hold off on that as long as possible. As far as the acad.cui file I have not tried that either. Might be an option to try. Thanks for the help.

• 2 months later...

I've run into this same issue with one of our customers and we managed to resolve it by setting the INPUTHISTORYMODE to 15. This brought back the Recent Input shortcut menu item. You say that "these settings are good". Is this what you have it set to?

The really strange thing about this is that the menu item is not shown in the CUI if you look under the SHORTCUT MENUS> CONTEXT MENUS FOR DEFAULT MODE, all your other menu items are shown except this one. Kinda weird.