Project: Plat Map ~ Help please

Brynn

I'm working on a plat map using survey information and could really use some help:

~ Units are set to reflect decimal measurements to a hundredth of a ft and the direction (angle) is set to surveyor's units.

~ Limits are set to (0,0) and (10000000,10000000).

~ Layers are set up accordingly.

~ Text styles set accordingly.

~ Polar and DYN on.

All seemed to be going well until I began with the initial survey points.

Coordinates for BM are 1421334.93,783207.62

The POB is located 113.66 ft from the benchmark and at a bearing of: N5d27'23"W

The next survey point is 542.16 ft at a bearing of N39d16'46"E

" " 676.62 ft at a bearing of N87d28'25"W

" " 457.43 ft at a bearing of S2d31'35"W

The final line surrounding the subdivision is from the last survey point back to the POB

I start by entering the BM coordinates and am prompted to specify next point.

Here I am entering: @133.66

Basically I'm entering in all the distances and bearings but no lines are being drawn, my cursor just sits at the initial BM. I've tried checking settings and whatnot but have just confused myself further. Hopefully it's just a simple setting that I have overlooked. Any advice or suggestions are much appreciated.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericjwied

• Car5858

• ReMark

• Brynn

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working on a plat map using survey information and could really use some help:

~ Units are set to reflect decimal measurements to a hundredth of a ft and the direction (angle) is set to surveyor's units.

~ Limits are set to (0,0) and (10000000,10000000).

~ Layers are set up accordingly.

~ Text styles set accordingly.

~ Polar and DYN on.

All seemed to be going well until I began with the initial survey points.

Coordinates for BM are 1421334.93,783207.62

The POB is located 113.66 ft from the benchmark and at a bearing of: N5d27'23"W

The next survey point is 542.16 ft at a bearing of N39d16'46"E

" " 676.62 ft at a bearing of N87d28'25"W

" " 457.43 ft at a bearing of S2d31'35"W

The final line surrounding the subdivision is from the last survey point back to the POB

I start by entering the BM coordinates and am prompted to specify next point.

Here I am entering: @133.66

Basically I'm entering in all the distances and bearings but no lines are being drawn, my cursor just sits at the initial BM. I've tried checking settings and whatnot but have just confused myself further. Hopefully it's just a simple setting that I have overlooked. Any advice or suggestions are much appreciated.

What version of AutoCAD are you using??

I am still using Land Desktop Companion with AutoCAD 2009. In LDC when I cogo in a plat/deed I usually draw the line using the draw line by direction command. When it promts for a starting point I enter the coordinates (easting,northing), it then promts me for the quadrant, then the bearing and finally the distance. I'm not sure whether this way of doing it is exclusive to LDC or what but this is the easiest way I've found.

I'm not following the manner your going with this but it may just be a difference in AutoCAD platforms. However I did find a post on cadopolis.com with exactly the same question (same coordinates, bearing, etc.) your asking which I'm assuming means your asking this for a educational problem also?? Here's the link to that post. http://www.cadopolis.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=633&PN=8 Try those options and see if that helps.

P.S. I'd be interested in finding out what plat your calculating in because the coordinates put it only 14 miles from my current project. :shock:

is this the first time this has happened? and its worked before or the first time its happened and the first time youve tried to do it?

What version of AutoCAD are you using??

However I did find a post with exactly the same question

P.S. I'd be interested in finding out what plat your calculating in because the coordinates put it only 14 miles from my current project. :shock:

2008 Student version

Thanks for the link! It looks like I'm not the only one fumbling my way through. I'll check it out!

And yes, it's a school project with the survey info provided for us.

is this the first time this has happened? and its worked before or the first time its happened and the first time youve tried to do it?

It's the first time i've tried to create a plat map, so I havent encountered this before.

If you are looking at the screen which is zoomed to 10000000 units, then the line of 113 units is going to be very very small on the screen. Try drawing that line, THEN zoom extents and see if you can see anything :?

If you are looking at the screen which is zoomed to 10000000 units, then the line of 113 units is going to be very very small on the screen. Try drawing that line, THEN zoom extents and see if you can see anything :?

Wow. now I feel dumb ~ that was the problem. :ouch:

Thanks so much for helping me troubleshoot.

you guys and gals are awesome!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am also working on this drawing...just about finished and wondering if your coordinates for "Trees To Be Saved" S44 has a y=786332.48???

• 2 months later...

hello sethtb1' and also Luke NK' I am also trying to complete these projects but i'm having a hard time, maybe we all can work together on these projects i have been trying very hard' i'm having a hard time followings some of the instructions for these projects. can we all work as a team? and all others that may have taken this autocad program with penn foster

hello sethtb1' and also Luke NK'and Brynn' I am also trying to complete these projects but i'm having a hard time, maybe we all can work together on these projects i have been trying very hard' i'm having a hard time followings some of the instructions for these projects. can we all work as a team? and all others that may have taken this autocad program with penn foster

Odd how these things go. I finished this dwg a few months ago.

Follow the instructions when setting up the drawing, (IMPORTANT)

First thing is to set the BM with the point command. Make sure that you format the point style to the vertical horizontal slection.

Start the line command, slect first point (BM 8332, location 1421334.93,783207.62)

Continue putting in the lines as listed.

When using the command line the @ symbol is required before the distance and the bearing.

If you use the DYN input the @ symbol is not required. After you type in the Dist use Shift+

Just keep plugging away at it you will do fine.

Till you hit the tree coords.

You will have a problem with one tree that you will have to contact your instructor to resolve. I suspect it is a printing error But :? there just seems to be to many mistakes.

Don't ask for the answers I will not give them. This way you will learn more. Pay attention to each word on the test's, they each have a meaning.

I will help as much as I can without giving you the answers.

hello sethtb1' and also Luke NK'and Brynn' I am also trying to complete these projects but i'm having a hard time, maybe we all can work together on these projects i have been trying very hard' i'm having a hard time followings some of the instructions for these projects. can we all work as a team? and all others that may have taken this autocad program with penn foster

Spen1793

If you are having problems with the instructions, take them one step at a time. Brake the instructions into steps. Read the whole project book. Before you start. Also do rough sketches of the drawings before you start in the program.

If you have some questions ask. Answers will be posted.

I am also working on this drawing...just about finished and wondering if your coordinates for "Trees To Be Saved" S44 has a y=786332.48???

S44 y=783332.48

If you compair the other coord's you will see that it is the only one that has a 786.#

Did is scare ya when it shot out of the screen?

It did me, thought I messed up the program.:oops: