3 Issues on the engineering drawing

ATmu3

Hi everyone

Im new here and would please for some assist if possible. Im new to autocad (my version is 2008 ). Got two technical drawings that I need to redesign / put them together. I know English isn't my first tongue and have some problems with it (but not as much as I do with autocad) and also don't have autocad technical word descriptions so I helped myself with windows integrated program ''Paint'' to describe my issue. I will add quiet a few links (underlined words) but from system PhotoBucket – everyone knows it. So the links are for sure fine.

So here are the screenshots of the drawing (later Im adding also dwg files):

Drawing 1: img. photobucket. com/albums/v309/Andreii/pic1. jpg

Drawing 2: img. photobucket. com/albums/v309/Andreii/pic2. jpg

Addition to Drawing 2: img. photobucket. com/albums/v309/Andreii/pic2-look. jpg

I added closer look of Drawing 2 (which firstly isn't so well visible) as an addition to zoom on the main part of Drawing 2.

In this project is designed cutting tool for the elements (they are 3 and they are showed on the Drawing 1) on the line.

My issues are 3:

• Element1 from the Drawing 1 is showed img. photobucket. com/albums/v309/Andreii/RRel1. jpg. I would like to place it on the area right under the main part of the Drawing 2 which is showed img. photobucket. com/albums/v309/Andreii/elem1. jpg. So it will look, like on the example img. photobucket.com/albums/v309/Andreii/example1. jpg. I know no further zoom is required since is all about positioning. If I just copy and paste, it comes at least 10x too big – even bigger than the whole drawing.
  • Element2 on the (position number 3 and position number 10) Drawing 2 (which is also visible on the Drawing 1) are showed here img. photobucket. com/albums/v309/Andreii/elem2. jpg. Those Element2s are 6 different (as shows on Drawing 1) and all of them aren't the same (last one from left to right is different. As it is visible on the example in the previouns issue I have only 2. Im trying to multiply them with 6 – so there will be 6 Element2 instead of 2 (5 of them will look like the left one on the Drawing 2 does, the last, sixth, one will look like the right one on the Drawing 2 does). I have also tried to get 6 of them with just copying it but the lines with number 3 and 10 were damaged and so hatch.
  • Number of Element2 would be increased from 2 to 6 and because of this the Element3, which are showed on the Drawing 2 img. photobucket. com/albums/v309/Andreii/elem3. jpg have to be increased from 2 to 6 also. First 5 ones (Element3) will look the same because first 5 ones (Element2) are the same too. But 6th one (Element3) will look different (it is showed how) because 6th one (Element2) look different too. I know I need to delete hatch on the positions 11, 12 and 13 and recreate it.

I know the width of the whole part will be bigger but its no problem. Because of this, Element1 (issue 1) will obviously has a bigger width too. Im sure I probably over complicated this but its the only way I can show what I would really like to do so people can understand me.

If those pictures aren't clean enough, I uploaded (on the website sendspace) both dwg formats:

Drawing 1: sendspace. com/file/7k8iqe

Drawing 2: sendspace. com/file/oepcba

I presume for someone who is well educated with autocad all this can be done in max 10 minutes but I would like to please for some assist if anyone could help me how could I do this? I can wait but I would like to do this as soon as possible so my past work (no drawing were required) won't be cancelled – as I got a limit until when I could complete this. Will keep trying to do this, I know its a basics of autocad but Im here because Im not good enough with it to do it alone.

Thank you and best wishes to everyone.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATmu3

• FrankLeung

• NaeKid

• skipsophrenic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone

Im new here and would please for some assist if possible. Im new to autocad (my version is 2008 ). Got two technical drawings that I need to redesign / put them together. I know English isn't my first tongue and have some problems with it (but not as much as I do with autocad) and also don't have autocad technical word descriptions so I helped myself with windows integrated program ''Paint'' to describe my issue. I will add quiet a few links (underlined words) but from system PhotoBucket – everyone knows it. So the links are for sure fine.

So here are the screenshots of the drawing (later Im adding also dwg files):

Drawing 1:

pic1.jpg

Drawing 2:

pic2.jpg

Addition to Drawing 2:

pic2-look.jpg

I added closer look of Drawing 2 (which firstly isn't so well visible) as an addition to zoom on the main part of Drawing 2.

In this project is designed cutting tool for the elements (they are 3 and they are showed on the Drawing 1) on the line.

My issues are 3:

• Element1 from the Drawing 1 is showed

RRel1.jpg.

I would like to place it on the area right under the main part of the Drawing 2which is showed

elem1.jpg

So it will look, like on the example

example1.jpg

I know no further zoom is required since is all about positioning. If I just copy and paste, it comes at least 10x too big – even bigger than the whole drawing.

• Element2 on the (position number 3 and position number 10) Drawing 2 (which is also visible on the Drawing 1) are showed here

elem2.jpg

Those Element2s are 6 different (as shows on Drawing 1) and all of them aren't the same (last one from left to right is different. As it is visible on the example in the previouns issue I have only 2. Im trying to multiply them with 6 – so there will be 6 Element2 instead of 2 (5 of them will look like the left one on the Drawing 2 does, the last, sixth, one will look like the right one on the Drawing 2 does). I have also tried to get 6 of them with just copying it but the lines with number 3 and 10 were damaged and so hatch.

• Number of Element2 would be increased from 2 to 6 and because of this the Element3, which are showed on the Drawing 2

elem3.jpg

have to be increased from 2 to 6 also. First 5 ones (Element3) will look the same because first 5 ones (Element2) are the same too. But 6th one (Element3) will look different (it is showed how) because 6th one (Element2) look different too. I know I need to delete hatch on the positions 11, 12 and 13 and recreate it.

I know the width of the whole part will be bigger but its no problem. Because of this, Element1 (issue 1) will obviously has a bigger width too. Im sure I probably over complicated this but its the only way I can show what I would really like to do so people can understand me.

If those pictures aren't clean enough, I uploaded (on the website sendspace) both dwg formats:

I presume for someone who is well educated with autocad all this can be done in max 10 minutes but I would like to please for some assist if anyone could help me how could I do this? I can wait but I would like to do this as soon as possible so my past work (no drawing were required) won't be cancelled – as I got a limit until when I could complete this. Will keep trying to do this, I know its a basics of autocad but Im here because Im not good enough with it to do it alone.

Thank you and best wishes to everyone.

I quoted your message and edited the pictures into it so others can see what you are trying to do ..

It looks like you are trying to use the ARRAY command (or -array). Are you trying to create a couple of 2D views for some kind of metal-working process - CNC machining or CNC cutting?

Thank you for reply NaeKid. Actually Im trying to create just one 2D view and not a couple as you said - I need one drawing. But I had to use several pictures because English language isn't my first one - so my description is as much understandable as possible (at least i hope so). Using several pictures is the only way to point at what Im trying to do and where do I have problems.

Yes you were right - the ''project'' is for cutting (metal) the parts. There are million of choices what parts could be. My choice is shown in the drawing one (3 parts on the line).

I am not sure I fully understand what you mean. But I will try my best.

1st

as you drawing everything on the model space, I think the only way is to copy and paste it. However, you may copy the Element1 and paste on Drawing 2 as 'block'. So you could reference scale to the correct dimension without 'select' everything of the Eelement1 (as they are in block).

2nd

sorry I am not quite understand your problem, especially 'the lines with number 3 and 10 were damaged and so hatch'.

3rd

I think you don't really need to de-hatch as once you draw those '6 thing' in the position you want, you could 'trim' the hatch.

Wish that help a bit...

Frank

1st

as you drawing everything on the model space, I think the only way is to copy and paste it. However, you may copy the Element1 and paste on Drawing 2 as 'block'. So you could reference scale to the correct dimension without 'select' everything of the Eelement1 (as they are in block).

I have tried to use scale with this tutorial which I found books. dougseidler. com/content_preview/chapter_10_autocad_scale_re. asp

but it doesn't let me.. When I try to choose the whole object (in my case Element 1), it keep asking me to choose the object.

2nd

sorry I am not quite understand your problem, especially 'the lines with number 3 and 10 were damaged and so hatch'.

3rd

I think you don't really need to de-hatch as once you draw those '6 thing' in the position you want, you could 'trim' the hatch.

Regarding 2nd and 3rd (both): The picture ''Addition to drawing 2'' (which is actually drawing 2) is showed what I, unfortunately, have. I would like to get (but with bigger spaces between - how big shows Drawing 1) the following design (please note, I edited it in Paint windows xp program so shown results aren't the best) - of course its obvious that the whole width needs to be bigger:

likethis.jpg

What I will do,

I paste it as block. Move the block so that the 'common line' on the same starting point. The common line I mean is the same edge you could see in both element1 and your drawing2. 'scale'>>click the block>> hit space bar>> pick the common starting point>> hit R>> click the common starting point>> click the end point of the edge on Element1>> Click the end point of the edge on Drawing2

hit space bar: Let AutoCad know you haev finish your selection

pick the common starting point: Locate your Scale reference point

hit R: Let AutoCad you are using refence scaling rathan than scale factor

click the common starting point>> click the end point of the edge on Element1>> Click the end point of the edge on Drawing2

These action will allow Cad calculate the 'scale factor' for you and everything will scale according to that factor.

On your drawing 2, are you sure the element 10 fit the hole below? and are both element 3 and 10 in the position shown in drawing 1?

and I suspect the drawing 1 don't match with drawing 2 as I can't see those '6 hole' fit with drawing 2... sorry as I don't have the files

On your drawing 2, are you sure the element 10 fit the hole below? and are both element 3 and 10 in the position shown in drawing 1?

and I suspect the drawing 1 don't match with drawing 2 as I can't see those '6 hole' fit with drawing 2... sorry as I don't have the files

Position 10 fits on the dwg's yes. Otherwise, if it wouldn't, I could resize it to the bigger hole.

As I mentoined in the first post, I uploaded the .dwg files here:

I didn't talk much about those uploaded drawings because people would think I want them to do the work instead of me. I will do it alone but since I don't know much about autocad, almost nothing, Im here to please for assist how could be this done. I know its basics but without help I don't think I could do this :(

In your previouns post, you mentoined how could i copy and paste Element 1 to get it on the exact area as shown ''Place for Element 1''. Thank you for this. I did all what you said but I still don't get the correct result. It was still even bigger than the whole drawing.

Mate,

First Copy the element1 from Drawing1.

Go to your Drawing 2, right click and choose 'Paste as block'

Left click on where u want. I know they are Big.

Click your element1 block (I will call it block later) and choose 'Move'

Use Top left hand corner as your moveing reference point and put it to the Bottom Left hand corner of the things with 'element 13'.

Use 'scale' and pick the block

Hit space bar (ie to tell Autocad you finished your selection)

Click the Top Left hand corner of the block

Hit 'R' (ie you are going to use reference scale)

Click Top left hand corner of the block

Click Top right hand corner of the block

Click Bottom right hand corner of the thing with 'element 13'

After the above steps, the block should have the same size.....ok?

Frank

Sorry I can't upload any drawing for you cos of company block any 'online storage' website

but, after I put the element1 into the drawing 2 (of course scaled as well), the element1 are not the same as the one above it... Please clarfy.

Or.. what you want is you want to use the 'Frame' only on the drawing 2 but using BOTH 'figures' in drawnig 1? is that what you want?

Frank

I am.. but I don't have Cad at home installed yet...so I can't do anything on those yet as I am not good at English as well.....

Hmm ok, thank you for your time anyway. I hope someone else could try to assist.

Issue number 1 is fixed. Element 1 is in the correct size on the correct drawing. But the second and third issue (described in my first post) are almost unbeatable. I have been doing this for the whole day, lose it totally but I have no idea how to do this :cry:.

New drawing with correctly placed Element 1 is here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/v48dth

Before we could answer your question, are you sure the one on the top are the same 'item' as the one in the bottom??

I am not able to locate those shaft position.

Please Clarify

btw could you save your Cad drawing in 2000/ or 2004 format as I am not able to open 2007 one. (I am using Cad 2006). Thanks

untitled.jpg

Yes of course.

As you said, I saved the drawing in 2000 format and uploaded it here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e9ktgm

I showed the drawing to the boss and he said the upper part is OK. Which means, even if I leave two Element2 (same, my, topic on the forum - previouns page - Drawing 2 - post number 2 - 7th picture) instead of six, as I have kept saying this before, will be fine but only in case if I correct this (in blue color is what is wrong, in yellow color is how it should be, in purple color is easier but much shorter correction just in case if yellow isn't visible / understanable enough. Please also note - line thickness are the same - i useed different ones because it shows solution better):

finalone.jpg

I was trying to delete the wrong lines and recreate them. This way would be the easiest one. But it doesn't let me delete specific lines only. When I try to, it deletes the whole Element 1.

I tried TRIM command it doesn't work. In the first step I wrote ''trim'' in command line, then I clicked all 6 lines (which six lines is showed here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Andreii/sixx.jpg) and clicked Enter but nothing was removed.

Since TRIM is for cutting, I probably need to move the four circles somehow else, move function (right mouse click / move) won't work.