Standard DIM Style replaced with ISO-25

JamFam

Greetings to everyone. I have a small problem I can't figure out. up until I downloaded a CAD drawing off the internet and viewed it in my AutoCAD 2000 the standard DIM style was by default always there but has now been replaced with the ISO-25. The Standard DIM is no where to be found.Even when I go into the DIM modify screen the standard DIM style is not even a choice to select, it's as if the entire Standard DIM has been replaced with the ISO-25. Even when I shut down autocad and restart it the DIM style by default is now ISO-25.

I need to know how to restore the DIM style back to the "Standard" default setting.

Thanks in advance.

JamFam

JamFam, it looks like the template settings were changed or default .dwt file was edited or replaced with another one. You should check the Template settings in the Files tab in the Options dialog box or edit default template file.

Creating Dimension Styles [user's Guide: AUG]When you create a dimension, AutoCAD uses the dimension style that is current at the time you create the dimension. AutoCAD assigns the default STANDARD style to dimensions until you set another style as current.STANDARD is based on, but does not precisely conform to, American National Standards Institute (ANSI) dimensioning standards. If you start a new drawing and select metric units, ISO-25 (International Standards Organization) is the default dimension style. DIN (German) and JIS (Japanese Industrial Standards) styles are provided in the AutoCAD DIN and JIS drawing templates.

You want your STANDARD style? Start with English as default settings.

Greetings Alex and Totzky. Well I did as described, while in AutoCAD I selected File, New, then from the "Create New Drawing" menu I was able to choose between a number of templates, the ones I will use,.. now that I know how to access and change them will be the Acad.dwt which has a template description of "Normal English (feet & Inches) drawing template. Uses color dependent plot styles", and Acadiso.dwt which is described as having a "Normal International (Metric) drawing template. Uses color dependent plot styles". Thanks to you both, my weekend just got a whole lot better. This site continues to be the best source for Acad help, please keep it going.

JamFam.

you can also open your default template(s) - select dwt from the drop down box in the open dialogue box - and make any changes you want to be permanent in there. Set up your layers and default text font etc. Save the file and your new drawings will start from there.