DesignCenter Woes

BIGMIKE09281946

DesignCenter is supposed to adjust from metric to Imperial on the fly when one moves blacks to and fro, correct?

According to the Mastering AutoCAD 2k6 textbook, it is.

Its not happening for me.

Am I missing something? Some command? Some setting?

Smores?o:)

I don't use design centre but this works during insertion if set units in all your drawings, both blocks to be inserted and base drawings. I find it more frustrating than useful as the number of times you NEED this feature is far fewer than the number of times AutoCAD gets it wrong.

Thanks to all. It was an assignment in the textbook, and I found that the files I was to use were drawn in the wrong units.:shock:

Thanks to all. It was an assignment in the textbook, and I found that the files I was to use were drawn in the wrong units.:shock:

Well that's usefull for the book to tell you this.

What book was this with the wrong units? AutoCAD for Confusion of the population??

The book is called "Mastering AutoCAD 2006 and AutoCAD LT 2006", by George Omura. Also, the 1st question in my Penn Foster Exam is as follows:

1. When we are inserting a block, the DesignCenter uses two methods to determine the insertion size of the block. These methods are?

A: Autoscaling and using the Insert dialog box.

B: Autosizing and using the Open dialog box.

C: Automatic and using the Delete dialog box.

D: Autoranging and using the Size dialog box.