Materials to MVB's

Noahma

Ok, I figured it out. I know many have asked on several cad forums on how to apply materials to the 3d component of a multi view block. Here is how I did it.

What a Multi-view block is, is a collection of other blocks. They are triggered by the view you are on, so if you assign a ref. block to the elevation, anytime you move to the left or right, front or back it will trigger that block to be the one displayed, same for plan, and model. Now in order to place a material on the MVB, you will need to figure out which block it is. If you right click on your MVB and choose "edit multi-view block definition" in the right under display representation choose model. This in the View Blocks will list the block it is using for that display. Next go insert that block into your drawing. As usual right click and edit your block. Autocad default blocks have smaller ones that are scaled, so you might need to explode any additional blocks within the main block. Assign your materials and close the block edit and whala, you have a multi-view block with materials.

I posted this in the 3d forums since most of the verticals have Multi-view blocks :)

Oh multi-view blocks...is there anything you can't do? Aside from having an intuitive creation process tied to the existing block editor of course...that's crazy talk.

Oh multi-view blocks...is there anything you can't do? Aside from having an intuitive creation process tied to the existing block editor of course...that's crazy talk.

lol.

just tonight I could not find my 6 burner range block, so I created one from scratch. Not that fun, but it looks darn nifty once i got everything to line up where it should

• 6 years later...

I am lost I am trying to make this work, but I can not find the block list. Could you please tell me where to find it?