remember what was written

Ferronovum

Got this line when I was posting a new thread:

In an effort to stamp out forum SPAM only members with 9 posts or more can post website links or email addresses.

Yes, I didn't read the rules before entering a post cuz i had the thougts in my head at just that moment. So when I hit the prev. button everything i wrote was gone!!!

Yes, it took me a while to write it cuz i did wanted to get the terms correctly translated.

SO please make a back-link that remeber what was written so I can remove the links without destroying the rest of the text.

Edit: I clicked on the preview button to see what it would look like.

I understand your frustration. However, we have found that the link-posting rule has been very effective in curbing spam on this forum. Unfortunately, the forum software doesn't remember what was written in a previous text box once you have left that page. This isn't something we have control over.

Hmmm, is there a hack which could provide a pop-up if a user with less than ten posts hits the 'new thread' button?

but if the poster doesn't include links or pictures, there's no problem?

Besides, one get's the hang of always doing a ctrl+C before hit the Post-button - too many times on too many forumd/blogs have my message disappeard....

Besides, one get's the hang of always doing a ctrl+C before hit the Post-button - too many times on too many forumd/blogs have my message disappeard....
:cry: not all of us remember to

:cry: not all of us remember to

:( yes me too. I have lost my posts a lot of time.

Same here, but i'm not too worried, normally my post's are quick to re-write.

It's usually pretty obvious whether your post is going to make it through or not. If I hit the "Submit Reply" button and nothing happens, then I just select what I have typed and hit Ctrl+C. Then I wait for it to time out, hit the "Back" button, Ctrl+V and hit Submit again. I don't think I've ever lost what I have typed.

I've lost posts from the flaming auto log in kicking in (or kicking me out)

a pop up would only be a box containing the info nobody seems to read about not being able to post links or whatever as a new user - with an okay button

it would just appear on the first ten posts somebody makes

mind you, it'd be incredibly annoying if they only ever posted in the chat forum where they won't be racking up a post count :P

It's usually pretty obvious whether your post is going to make it through or not. If I hit the "Submit Reply" button and nothing happens, then I just select what I have typed and hit Ctrl+C. Then I wait for it to time out, hit the "Back" button, Ctrl+V and hit Submit again. I don't think I've ever lost what I have typed.

Well that delay is probely due to how fast your connection is and how many are logged in at the moment. Me sitting in another timezone and with a fast connection never see the delay.

It has nothing to do with the connection speed on your end. I have a fast connection also, but if the site is having a problem at that moment, it's going to hang. I have only experienced this a few times in the three years I've been here, and each time it happened, I had enough time to do a quick Ctrl+C to capture what I had typed before it timed out.

If this is a recurring problem for you, then I would suggest typing your messages in notepad and then copy and paste to the forum. Then you will never lose what you have written.