Lisp routine to convert objects into Text or Mtext

bsimpson

Hi,

How can I convert a series of objects that have been created from a pdf drawing into txt or Mtext?

The conversion of the pdf drawing into a dxf drawing causes the text to be made up of objects. For E for instance there are 4 objects. I am in need of Mtext or txt only.

regards

Bsimpson

The only times I have used PDF to DWG programs I have found the same, and decided it would be quicker to trace over the image rather than use the resultant dwg.

You need Optical Character Recognition Software. I wonder if that could be done by Lisp :?

I suppose it could be done with LISP but I wouldn't want to. Maybe Lee could do it for his next project, sell the routine and use the profits to help the site. :lol:

I suppose it could be done with LISP but I wouldn't want to. Maybe Lee could do it for his next project, sell the routine and use the profits to help the site. :lol:

Haha, that sounds like a mammoth task - getting the LISP to recognise all the combinations of patterns for each character etc etc, and not picking up other lines in the process.. :sweat::sweat:

• 9 years later...