Metric scaling muddle

JamFam

Greetings everyone. My problem has to do with plotting (printing) to a metric scale accurately. I have a drawing in model space that is 4200mm wide by 1870mm high. I have set the Paper size to A4 (because I am printing a metric image onto an 8 1/2" x 11") piece of standard paper. When I scale within plot settings the plotted (printed) image does not come printed at the desired scale, in this case 1:20. What am I doing wrong and what settings must I check to fix this problem?.

The finished plot is not to any metric scale. When in Layout1 I can see the image and it is completely within the layout1 viewport, taking up the top half of the sheet of paper. It doesn't seem to change.

PLEASE HELP, I AM WORKING ON DRAWINGS THAT MUST BE TO SCALE!!

Thanks.

You have to set your Viewport scale. I haven't used Autocad 2000 in many, many years, so I can't tell you exactly how or where to do it, but you should be able to set it from within your Properties palette.

I have moved your question to the Autocad "Beginners" section. You posted in the 3DS Max section.

CAD64, thanks for the assistance. You were right in how to correct my problem. I have an Autocad 2000 manual, but because I didn't know what the problem was I didn't know where to look for help, but because you mentioned Viewport scale I looked up Viewport, scale and the step by step was there, thanks. Now when I put my scale ruler to my drawings I can be assured that they are in fact to scale and thanks for moving my post to "Beginners", I'm not sure how my post got here.

A multitude of gratitude

JamFam