missing 5 icons by the BIG A (Architecture 2009)

...just noticed that I have lost the 5 icons to the right of the big a; new(?), open, save, undo, redo... I frequently use save and undo.

I have just done a 'repair' using the disc, but that hasn't brought them back, any suggestions...??

:oops::oops:ok, its 8 icons now i can see them properly

and i have now got them back by reverting to 'design' workspace from my normal personalised one which has been ok for a long time...:x:x:x:?:?

ok, ok,:oops::oops:

it's called the 'quick access toolbar'

I'm learning:cry:

right clicking on it allows ' customise quick access toolbar' but... i can get any further at the mo...

but WHY did they just disappear??

:D:D found where 'quick access... is in the cui:D:D:D

and there are none in my customised...! new to get them replaced...

but still WHY did they just go???

i hope you are all taking notes, i will be asking questions at the end.:roll::roll:

Geoffers, you do realize its barely 8a.m. here in the States' east coast right? And 6 posts in a little more than an hour...someone needs 5 or 6 less cuppas :wink:.

Now as far as your actual question goes, I've seen this happen when in toolbar mode instead of the ribbon. I think its Autodesks way of imposing just enough little glitches to make legacy functions unbearable and force the move to the new GUI. But thats just my tinfoil hat talking. Once I have my toolbars or ribbon panels set up in a way I like I save it as a workspace. I've got them seperated in two groups, one for ribbon and one for toolbars. I haven't seen the problem crop up since I did save workspaces, so I assume its related to the handling of local settings from AutoCAD's last instance to how it handles named workspaces. I recommend a quick google search on the topic of workspaces or on the ribbon itself.

Whenever I feel like an idiot in the face of a problem, I always strive to make myself a better educated idiot :thumbsup:

i hope you are all taking notes, i will be asking questions at the end.:roll::roll:

What's 1st prize? :P

LOL

Geoffers, you do realize its barely 8a.m. here in the States' east coast right? And 6 posts in a little more than an hour...someone needs 5 or 6 less cuppas :wink:.

I think you mean "gimmie time to have a cuppa" LOL :lol:

Whenever I feel like an idiot in the face of a problem, I always strive to make myself a better educated idiot :thumbsup:

What's one of them? :P

LOL:lol:

Now as far as your actual question goes, I've seen this happen when in toolbar mode instead of the ribbon. I think its Autodesks way of imposing just enough little glitches to make legacy functions unbearable and force the move to the new GUI. But thats just my tinfoil hat talking. Once I have my toolbars or ribbon panels set up in a way I like I save it as a workspace. I've got them seperated in two groups, one for ribbon and one for toolbars. I haven't seen the problem crop up since I did save workspaces, so I assume its related to the handling of local settings from AutoCAD's last instance to how it handles named workspaces. I recommend a quick google search on the topic of workspaces or on the ribbon itself.

Yes, I know, I was talking to myself, in public, it's an age thing.

I have to admit, the problem has now cleared - itself:oops: ; even my customisations have reappeared after an 'installation repair' which I thought was not possible. I will now go back to sleep, sorry everyone - and Skipso - no prize:D

STILL dont understand WHY it happened...:oops::oops::oops:

i did learn a bit though...o:)o:)o:)

i did learn a bit though...o:)o:)o:)

"A day in which something is learned, is never wasted" - not sure who quote is by, but so true