Cross section display in land desktop

Shinichi

HI,

This is my first post here. I am a new member. I've read a lot of threads here and I've learn a lot..thnks to evry1.

Here's my question: How can I change the display of my cross section taken from a surface I've made. I've already created contours and my goal is something like the attach sketch below:(did the attachment shows?)

cross section.jpg

Here in Aus our cross section are better than grid based as per US but I can not really tell what you are trying to achieve is it just a scale thing. if so change scale ?

Also maybe this should be in the Civil 3D section of the forum.

Ehhh. What's the difference?

Oh you mean the vertical exaggeration? If I remember right that is based on your drawing scale (for horizontal) as well as the settings when you create the sections for vertical exaggeration. I don't have Land Desktop loaded so I cannot verify for you.

Here in Aus our cross section are better than grid based as per US but I can not really tell what you are trying to achieve is it just a scale thing. if so change scale ?

Also maybe this should be in the Civil 3D section of the forum.

Why are Aus cross sections better? Could you post one as I have never seen how you do it there.

Hi guys

Sorry 4 dat one

heres really wat im trying to achieve:

1. to display the vertical and horizontal scale of the cross section(e.g. vertical scale 1:20, horizontal scale 1:100) Im using metric units

2. To plot(print) it wid the scale being displayed

this it wat I've than:

1. I;ve created contours of the river based on survey data(estimated lenght=4km)

2. imported quick section into the drawing and put grid on it

my problem is i dont know wat is the scale(vertical/horizontal) of that section. i want to print it wid the scale i want and is being displayed

is that posibble in LDD 2004?

• 2 weeks later...

When you print you will use the horizontal scale. For the vertical you must change the vertical exaggeration. If you are not sure how to do this go to the HELP file and type "vertical exaggeration" and you should find how to set it in the results.

I'm fairly sure you set this when you create the sections, but it's been so long I cannot remember. When you create the sections look for "vertical scale" or "vertical exaggeration".