Viewport scale control

rory47

Hi There.

On a drawing i am working on, when i edit my scale in the scale control viewport there are hundreds of differnet scales e.g 1:50_4_XREF, 1:10_27_XREF etc.....

I have imported this drawing and i know these are scales from xref drawings but i don't know how to delete them. When i type "scalelistedit" to remove these scale an error pops up saying "unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application...index was outside the bounds of the array."

Please help as this is driving me nuts. See attached Jpegscale control viewport.jpg

As i said from the start, when i type scalelistedit an autocad error window pops up saying "unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application...index was outside the bounds of the array." I can't continue.

Sometimes the same command can work when typed on the commandline, and not work when the button is pressed, hence the different answers.

Does the SCALELISTEDIT command work in a brand new drawing? I've had this trouble with some drawings, the only solution I've found is copy-paste the malfunctioning drawing to a new one.

i have tried copy and paste. It brings over all the scales and the same situation occurs.

If you open a brand new drawing, does the same problem happen? If it does, I'd say you need to do a Repair of the Installation or a complete Re-installation

• 1 month later...

I was getting this same error message over and over again. Seems the guys who worked here before me weren't really up on what was happening in their drawing environment. Each time they opened up a drawing from another customer, usually an architect, they would end up with a whole new batch of scales. Then when another one would import details from another client's drawings into the same file, the problem compounded itself. Seems that ACAD gets to a point where it knows how many scales it's got to deal with but it can't open up the dialog box to deal with them because the array is too big.

So I typed this at the command window prompt:

-scalelistedit

and then entered 'R' for reset. This got rid of all the ugly scales and left me with just the standard ones, which is all I wanted anyway. The error message no longer appears and the scalelistedit command now works like it's supposed to.