Constructing Hidden Lines and Construction Lines

Colgrave

What are the 5 rules of constructing hidden lines. Like if I should leave a space when it's from a continuous line. And what is the difference between primary and seconday center lines?

Take a look at the upper right hand corner of this:

http://books.google.com/books?id=N97zPAvogxoC&pg=PA43&lpg=PA43&dq=%22rules+of+hidden+lines%22&source=bl&ots=cGBxth8Uip&sig=DITvATF3l91Y1jdOGXBROe1wTdw&hl=en&ei=9CCMSd3CLse_tgflhPSHCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=3&ct=result

The "five rules" of hidden lines are depicted. It's up to you to put them into words. It should be fairly easy though.

Nice reference, ReMark, I remember going over some of this stuff back in high school.

One thing to note is that AutoCAD doesn't apply the "space" and "stagger" rules. (The new constraint features in ACAD 2010 might) . In order to apply these rules, you have to fine tune your lines manually, e.g. changing the LTSCALE or LType generation, or breaking your lines (something I'm not really a fan of)