DWG to JPG

AckermanFancy

Hello All,

Does anyone know of a free DWG to JPG conveter? I don't use it enough to justify paying $75 for one. If not is there anyone willing to convert a file for me? I would need it 1:1 scale.

Regards,

AckermanFancy

not sure about your version due to its age but you should be able to install a JPG plotter using the add plotter function. Look for raster image type in the list. I am sure we used to do JPGs that way with release 14. Once installed you just plot the drawing to file.

Hello All,

Does anyone know of a free DWG to JPG conveter? I don't use it enough to justify paying $75 for one. If not is there anyone willing to convert a file for me? I would need it 1:1 scale.

Regards,

AckermanFancy

Plot a PDF format, use free PDF-XChange Viewer from .docu-track.com/downloads/users/ to open.

Select File\Export\Export to image\Image type.

Quality is number one.

P/s: Please add www to that link. :)

At the very least, you can size up what you want within the window, press Alt + Print Screen, then paste it in Microsoft Paint.

Not a quality option, but it's definitely a freebie.

• 3 weeks later...

JPG printer is supported by Autodesk in software itself above 2007 version . The printer is "publish to webjpg.pc3."

This should help you to print .JPG with desired linetype and .CTB used.

If you have lower version then print to .PDF file using pdf printer and then convert PDF to JPG with required resolution.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend Ghostscript as a printer:

Ghostscript is free.

You can either print to Postscript file and convert that to many different formats (like PDF, PNG, TIFF, HPGL...) or you can use a combination of Ghostscript and Redomon to print directly to a format (like PDF, PNG, TIFF, HPGL...) or you can even use AutoSpool.

It would also be a good idea to alter the ghostpdf.ppd to add page sizes and etc. (find it in the lib dir) file BEFORE installing a Ghostscript printer driver on you system.

• 1 month later...

Set your autocad background to white and take a screen dump in the model space of your selected area. Lame, but easy.

Depending on the release that you are using, look into the saveimg command. Each release had differing formats to export in. jpgout wasn't around until after 2000. -David

• 1 year later...
'JPGOUT' - neat :D

Use the Add-a-Plotter wizard (PLOTTERMANAGER) to add a raster "printer" - eg. for the TIFF format: use This Computer, select Raster File Formats (as Manufacturer) and under Model select TIFF (or PNG, JPG...).

Raster image size is unitless (in pixels, not inches or mm) - to increase resolution of the raster file (in pixels) set a "larger paper size". You can create a custom "paper" size for this "printer" - increase this paper size to achieve higher resolution (more pixels in the resulting raster file). The DPI (dots-per-inch) value is usually fixed (e.g. 100 dpi) so to get 2000 pixel resolution you will have to set 2000/100 = 20 inches page size. In higher AutoCAD versions you can use directly pixels so you don't need to recalculate page size values.

Under Device settings you can set the color depth (for color formats) - fewer colors means smaller files.

You can also export DWGs to other raster formats - CALS, JPG/JPEG, BMP, PNG, TGA, PCX. All standard print settings (line weights, plot styles...) will apply. And you can also use standard AutoCAD batch plot operations for these exports.

Please note that you cannot control resolution/quality for the direct JPGOUT, PNGOUT and similar commands.