cad managing

michaeloureiro

It´s obvious that the cad manager is a fundamental part of any architectural / engineering firm.

From what I´ve noticed here in the forum (and my experience) is it that smaller offices just don´t (can´t) have any cad managers and depend on more seasoned proffesionals to resolve cad related problems.

My question goes out to all of the members in the forum who see themselves in the same predicament as me. Are there any tutorials / manuals for proffesionals wanting to learn more about cad managing, but don´t have the time to take classes (if there are any).

Thanks.

I was at a company that only had 3 CAD people producing drawings, and I was one of them. At that company I had the responsibility of being the CAD Manager.

If you are after further information about CAD Management, this thread is quite pertinent - http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24171

as is the particular area of CADTutor forum that you have begun this thread in.

CADalyst Magazine has a monthly column dedicated to all things pertaining to CAD management. I'm sure there are some class handouts from AutoDesk University at the AUGI website that cover the topic as well.

AUGI Magazine also has a bi-monthly article on CAD Management.

Us guys at small companies usually get thrown into a multi-role position just as you are talking about. Many of us would qualify as a cad manager, cad administrator, IT support, cadd support, administrative assistant, landscaper, handyman and janitor all in one.:wink: