Annotative objects

lpseifert

And you were expecting.......?

I don't use annotative anything so I'm in the dark on this one. Is this a common occurence amongst other users of this AutoCAD feature?

And you were expecting.......?

Is this a common occurence amongst other users of this AutoCAD feature?

I was expecting the software to perform as advertised without having to resort to fixes...

As far as a common occurrence among other users, I got the 'Audit' workaround from reading it in a cadd forum, so other people have had the same problem. I know this happens often enough here that the 'powers to be' have decided to shy away from using annotative objects. Maybe in 2009 or 2010.

This is Autodesk's response to my support request about the problem

Autodesk Subscription

Dear Larry,

Thank you for contacting Autodesk Support. This issue has been logged with our Development team, in the form of a change request, for further investigation and a resolution. At this time the workaround is to audit the file after a save is performed to restore the editing capability.

I am linking this case to the known defect. We appreciate your patience as we work on resolution.

Best Regards,

Almas Suljevic

Autodesk Support Team

• 1 month later...

I have another problem with anno: Autocad blocks for 10-20 seconds when changing annotative scale, or saving (autosaving as well).

i use annotative for everything: text, dims, blocks, hatches.

anyone has a solution for this?