How to create North and south co-ordinates

Hello,

I am new to autocad,i have seen drawings with grid around having north,south, east and west co-ordinates around the grid. can u please help me in knowing how to generate those co-ordinates in my drawing, i am using Autocad electrical 2008 version. Awaiting ur early response

yeso13

A bit more info may lead to a lot more information returned.

Are you just sketching up some plans, taking them from clients; is the topography in the correct place for the coordinate system being used; are there any third party platforms also being used?

It could be a case of manually adding the coordinate references, finding a lisp for them, or asking third party software to include a grid when outputting the model...amongst many other possibilities.

I am actually sketching up some plans taking them from clients: the topography is in the correct place. but I have heard that i can take some Reference North and South and can start generating from that point on wards giving my own intervals of 250 units to 500 units in the grid.I would want to find a lisp for it( if it is available) .Awaiting ur quick response. and Thanks in anticipation

A bit more info may lead to a lot more information returned.

Are you just sketching up some plans, taking them from clients; is the topography in the correct place for the coordinate system being used; are there any third party platforms also being used?

It could be a case of manually adding the coordinate references, finding a lisp for them, or asking third party software to include a grid when outputting the model...amongst many other possibilities.