Layer Control while command active

Acad 2007

example: simple apartment building (2D, yeah we're old school). I will draw the structural strip footings on the Main Floor Plan at the bearing walls.

I isolate (LAYISO) the footing layer,

MOVE, select all the footings I've drawn, then cancel the function, Turn all layers on (LAYON),

MOVE, select PREVIOUS, then move them from my reference point on the Main Floor to the Foundation Plan.

Is this the fastest way to do this? What I'd like to do is isolate the footings, select and MOVE and turn on the layers without cancelling the MOVE command. Is this possible? I thought I read it somewhere.

Yes, you can transparently invoke the layer command by typing 'LAYER (note the apostrophe in front) while the other command is active.

Or if you want to move all the objects in a certain layer at once, you can use a filter.

Does 2007 have the option 'Lock and fade' in Layiso? If so you can just lock and fade the unisolated layers but have the ability to snap to the objects on them.

I use a simple routine that locks all but the layer I pick (LKA). I can manipulate that layer, then just as quickly unlock all layers (UA).

Open the lisp file to see the different choices available for manipulating layers in this lisp file. You can easily change the letters to what makes sense for you.

LK.LSP