File open window does not appear

hagan8

I ran into a new problem today. While working with Autcad LT 2009, and a secondary software, KCL (foodservice equipemt block library) Autocad LT froze, I had to restart everything. After I restarted and tried to open a drawing to contuinue to work, I do not get the pop-up window where I can browse for files. The only way I can open a file is at the command prompt.

I have tried to repair and re-install Acad LT 2009 but nothing has worked.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Hagan8

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• paulmcz

• Dana W

• hagan8

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

Cad64: I had the same problem occur inexplicably; thank God I found this post before I started pulling my hair out.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

If only all of AutoCAD's "quirks" were fixed that easily.

Don't ask why...it's AutoDesk, that's why.

It's the attack of FILEDIA all over again. The monster never sleeps. If Cad64 got paid a dollar for everytime he answered that same question he could have retired by now!:lol:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

F1 > Index > Opening > Drawings > Concept > Filedia is explained in the first bullet.

Hitting one key and a couple of mouse clicks saves a dollar and some hair, and searching up a two year old thread.

I'm not trying to be snide, just suggesting that hitting F1 from time to time will get you an amazing amount of knowledge.

I am sure for the right price, CADTutor will let Autodesk make F1 a direct link to the forum. :thumbsup:

If FILEDIA is not known to be the problem, how can you find it in help? Pretty much Google is the main resource and the RESULTS

I am sure for the right price, CADTutor will let Autodesk make F1 a direct link to the forum. :thumbsup:

If FILEDIA is not known to be the problem, how can you find it in help? Pretty much Google is the main resource and the RESULTS

Opening is known to be the problem. Filedia is the answer found. Or if you think 'Dialog Box' might be the problem, F1 > Index > Dialog boxes > Display options > Filedia is the 4th bullet.

I just like to see people use a bit of initiative and investigate their own resources before declaring an emergency.

There's a reason the help desk always tells you to check your network cable first. They know many people will not try to solve their own problems.

Yeah, I suppose.:surrender::lol:

I used to do Help desk in an IT department. One day, I show up at a new employee's desk who could not get Windows Help to work. She had her Windows View settings so the menu did not show, and could not come up with the right click solution on her own. :facepalm:

We used to keep a list of jokes, some real and some made up, on the wall. My favorite was...

HD: "Hello, "X" company IT Department Help Desk. What may I do for you today"

Caller: "Is this the Help Desk?"

HD: "Yes, this is the Help Desk."

Caller: Hi, Help Desk, are you guys having a fire down there?"

HD: "No, we're not. Why do you ask?

Caller: "Because there's smoke coming out of my computer. I guess if you don't have a fire, then it must be a Windows issue."

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Have you tried a REPAIR of the installation?

Strange. I've now come across this problem a handful of times in the past two days. Wonder what's going on?

Have you tried a REPAIR of the installation?

Strange. I've now come across this problem a handful of times in the past two days. Wonder what's going on?

Windows update, I believe

If that is the case why are only some users affected? Out of seven computers running either AutoCAD LT, full AutoCAD or AutoCAD Electrical none of ours have been affected.