Tool Palettes don't drag and drop

Iceworm72

I am researching a tool palette problem in vanilla AutoCAD 2007. We have custom tool palettes that worked in 2006 but don't have functionality in 2007. The custom tool palettes do not have drag and drop or copy and pasted functionality. We do not get any error messages either. The oddball detail of this problem is that the standard AutoCAD tool palettes do work properly.

FYI Details:

The Tool Palettes are stored on a network drive.

The paths is correct in "Options..." for the two Tool Palettes.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for the suggestion, ReMark. The link to the fix is dead on the Autodesk end. I will try to find it, however, I don't believe this to be the problem, because our default file save format is 2004. We have this problem with new drawings as well as existing.

I was reviewing our logs and it appears that the only obvious change to the setup is a change in the location of the (ATC) files on the network. We adjusted the path to the new location thinking it would solve the problem but it didn't. Is it possible that the path is responsible?

OLD PATH

J:\CEA\STANDARD\TitleBlocks\Meridian Documents\DrawingTemplates\ToolPalettes

NEW PATH

J:\CAD_GIS Services-SOP\AM-Meridian\Drawing Templates\Tool Palettes

Any other ideas?

What if the ATC file was on your hard drive and the path changed in Tools / Options to reflect this? Think it might work then? You could test it and see what happens.

I was told by one of the technicians that he had tried this and it didn't work. But in the interest of being thorough I will test that option personally.

I had the problem that blocks couldn't be dragged from the toolpalette, but other commands on the toolpalette still worked. I think I fixed it by running an audit on the source dwg that contained the blocks.

There was no change having the files local. However I did check the properties on one of the blocks and notice that they are still pointing to the old location.

ToolPalette01.JPG

I suspect is part of the problem. However, I cannot edit the path from this location. Would an audit of the symbols library dwg solve this problem?

Sadly, no it does not open up like we both expected it to do. It is very frustrating. I have been toying with this for nearly two days and I am not a happy CAD camper. I am cetain there is a "simple" solution to this problem. i.e. you need to uncheck this box in the options or something like that...

You could...

1. put the source dwgs back where they were... or

2. Recreate your toolpalettes... or

3. Use caution and make backups first!

Locate the .atc files, open them with Notepad (or similar), Find/Replace the old paths with the new.

lpseifert, thank you for the suggestions. Since I have tried the first and the second seems like more work than the cautious application of the third. I will attempt that course. I will let you know how it turns out.

lpseifert, THANK YOU! Option three worked, though not initially. For some strange reason when I tried to edit them inplace the would revert to the old path once I opened AutoCAD. I ultimately had to copy the ATC files out to a seperate location and then delete the originals and paste the updated ATC files back into the original location, once I had replaced the find and replace of the old paths.

It is now working as it used to before this little adventure. Thanks to everyone for your contributions.