Why Does mt arch&design Render black

damob23

Any one have any idea why this redners black, I selected glazed ceramic tile in the material editor, in arch design mental ray? Im sure im doing something wrong, Could it be an option under enviorment rollout,

Render.jpg

material editor.jpg

just in case, are you rendering with mental ray?..also i noticed that there is a map assigned to the diffusion and reflection slot...are the path's in max set up to look in the proper directories to find these maps?

• 2 weeks later...

Yup I am rendering with mental ray,? could there be an issue there, the maps are part of the ceramic glazed template so I assume they are looking in the correct location.

Are you sure you have Mental Ray selected as your renderer? I just applied the arch & design material to a box, switched to the scanline renderer and the box rendered black, just like the image you posted.

Yup Im using mental ray, I noticed something, In my material editor screen grab up there, When I click on the map in the diffuse area of the material properties rollout, and in this rollout under advanced controls, under texture is none. I replaced this with a standard texture and it renderend as orange tiles, how ever the tiles were crocked and looked strange for some reason.

Rollout.jpg

So by that you mean, Apply a UV map to the surface, No I dont didnt but that would explain it, I will try it, thanks for that