multiple viewports in one printout??

loadbank

i tried searching first and didnt find much help so please dont bite my head off about the search...thanks...

How can i get a front, side, and top (regular three view) 2d drawing along with a 3d isometric view (for refrence) off to the side in the same drawing? the issue isnt really seeing all views, i figured that out, but each view seems like its and individual drawing, and i cant get all four views to print on the same page.

I have gotten around this before by drawing each part seperately, but i would think that one could just draw an object once in 3D, and use the different views to create a 2D three view, and 3D isometric. am i wrong or can this be done??

thanks for any help!

We don't generally bit people heads off - unless they really deserve it... or you know, if we're hungry :twisted:

Anyways, to the question. Are you in Layout or in Model? Check the tabs at the bottom of the screen.

How can i get a front, side, and top (regular three view) 2d drawing along with a 3d isometric view (for refrence) off to the side in the same drawing? the issue isnt really seeing all views, i figured that out, but each view seems like its and individual drawing, and i cant get all four views to print on the same page.

[...] i would think that one could just draw an object once in 3D, and use the different views to create a 2D three view, and 3D isometric. am i wrong or can this be done??

thanks for any help!

You are not wrong, it can be done. Have you drawn the 3d model yet? Are you familiar with the UCS, PLAN, VPOINT, etc. commands that allow you switch your views?

If its a house just add "Thickness" to your lines in plan you will see 3d appear then. Use ucs to attach to the wall and draw elevations.

Also if its a house draw each elevation lay them out so the edges touch in a plan view then use "Rotate3d" around the x & y axis hey bingo 3d house

i had a sample 3d drawing last night that i was playing with, but now im working on the real thing...

i am in model,

i am not farmiliar with UCS, or PLAN, but i tried VPOINT and it said it wasnt allowed or not able or something

and what is solview or soldraw?

to clear things up a bit, beacuse it feels like weäre trying to answer different questions.

You have a 3D-model and you want to be able to print a drawing showing that 3D-model from front, side and top? As well as a iso-view?

If that is the case, I'd say go into the Layout tab and use the Page Setup Manager (under File) to set up the size of the drawing and the plotter that you need. Make sure you have Plot Scale set to 1:1.

Next use the command MVIEW to create as many viewports as you need, one for each view. Double click inside the viewport to activate it and zoom and pan and fiddle around til you get the view you want.

To make it a proper scale, there are many ways to do it. I would bring out the Viewports-toolbar and while the viewport is active (either by double.clicking in it or just have it marked) enter in the scale you want in the box on the toolbar.

Oh and a tip - you can type MS to switch between an active Viewport and paperspace.

Is this what your looking for? Otherwise come back with more info, and we'll see what we can do.

Add view ports for each view click the view ports one at a time and then set the view from the drop down menu click the center button or wheel to zoom to the entent of your drawing in that view port.

You know you have the viewport selected when the border turns framed. as stated above by tiger in diffrent words.