Profile elevation on Alignment

Hardney

Hi, could someone tell me how is it possible to put elevation label of the Proposed Profile on the Alignment in plan? I know it is possible, one of my coworker told me to use the Corridor>Utilities>Create COGO points from Corridor. It would be working if only I had the Top or Pavement Centerline as a link so, can someone tell me how to add the centerline of pavement link in the corridor in order to create COGO points from this link? Unless someone tell me an easier way to label profile elevation on my alignment.

If you have your corridor created go into the corridor properties and look under surfaces and create a corridor surface for TOP. Then you can use a surface label (surfaces > add surface labels) to label it.

Here is the Answer to my Question:

To create elevation points of a profile over an alignment, you just have to do the following: Points> Create Points - Alignments> Measure Alignment> Select Alignment> Select Profile> Enter Offset> Enter first and last Station> Enter Interval> Enter description and point number then Enter, enter, enter until all your Alignment is labeled. If your label only contain the points, you just have to select all the labels and change you style.

Have Fun

FYI: The points created won't update if you modify you profiles so be careful about that. Rustysilo's option may be a better option if you choose to label the TOP surface of a corridor along an alignment or a polyline, would it update though, this has to be veryfied. Will be back later for that matter.

• 10 years later...