Need code to send a "CP" command

cabltv1

Please help!

I have a routine that will update a block attribute from another block attribute. It works well and is quite versatile.

Anyway, after selecting the source block the code asks to "Select Addresses" [see below]. At that point I have to type "CP" into the command window and hit the Enter key to select blocks with a polygon. I would like the code to go into the "CP" mode without me having to type it in.

;reset variables
 (setq tag_found nil)
 (setq setset nil)
  ; get end block
  (while (/= tag_found "true")
  (princ "\nSelect Addresses ")(princ (chr 34))(princ stag_end)(princ (chr 34))
  (setq selset  (ssget '((0 . "INSERT"))))

Thanks for any help.

I appreciate the response but that won't solve my problem.

Normally, selections are oddly shapped. I need to just select the blocks that need updated. The selection may include 12 or more oddly shapped points.example.bmp

No that doesn't work, if you use "cp" with ssget you need to supply a point list.

I was thinking use (command "select" "cp" ....) then (ssget "p" etc.. but I couldn't get the "select" to end without user hitting "enter" so it doesn't save eliminate those dratted keystrokes :)

;reset variables
 (setq tag_found nil)
 (setq setset nil)
; get end block
  (while (/= tag_found "true")
      (princ "\nSelect Addresses ")
      (princ (chr 34))
      (princ stag_end)
      (princ (chr 34))
      (command "select" "cp")
      (setq selset  (ssget "p" '((0 . "INSERT"))))

works though. It's kinda ugly. I would prefer personally to not have the select prompt vanish automatically anyway.

Well the code does stop and lets me polygon around the blocks but the code won't run past that point.

I appreciate everyones help. I guess I will have to live with the original code.

Thanks again.

No matter what you do you will have to tell the program when to stop when making a crossing polygon because it could be 3 points or 300. if you don’t want to hit the enter key change your right click on the mouse to be enter.