Display Drivers?

spittle

Is it possible to have 3 different graphics card drivers loaded and then select a different one depending on what package you're using?

Currently I use AutoCAD, Solidworks and 3DS Max and they each have a different performance driver.

I'm using XP64

Quadro FX 3700

Sounds like an interesting idea. However, one driver would have to be "unloaded" so the next driver could be "loaded". In the DOS days this could have been done using batch files. I'm not sure it can be done in Windows. I'll have to nose around a bit and see what info I can find about the subject.

• 3 weeks later...

AFAIK, this cannot be done "on-the-fly". I think that the difference between those drivers is actually just settings for adaptive degradation or something. The only way to switch between drivers properly is to uninstall the old ones, use driver cleaner to get rid of junk files, restart and install new ones. Too bad its not possible because in your case it would be a good idea. Try emailing nvidia and see what you get back as a response - they love getting new ideas like this.

what about Multi-boot OS?

that would work, but to install 3 copies of windows just for that is a little extreme to me =/

just make 3 partitions (or 3 seperate drives), and install one copy to each partition, and different drivers for each program. You can edit the boot.ini file in the main OS so that the startup list doesnt say:

Windows XP Professional

Windows XP Professional

Windows XP Professional

you can have it say anything you want by just editing the name.