How to Convert Polyface Mesh to Solid?

Kion_w

I did a model in 3d studio max9. I would like to bring it to AutoCad to cut a sectional perspective.

I have tried exporting my file as dxf and dwg, it came out as Polyface Mesh in AutoCad. There is a command called "Make Solid" in AutoCad, that didn't help me.

HELP! I'm having a submission soon.

I have tried f2s and m2s. Both of them did not work. I suppose I did it the wrong way. I'm a newbie to AutoCad. :cry:

I have attached the max file. I did it in max9. Do you need any other version? I need a sectional perspective from Camera 4. If I were to create a section in max, the sectional perspective is not to scale.

Please help me. Thank you.

Well, I'm afraid the m2s routine is not going to help you turn all of those pieces into Solids. And I hate to be an "I told you so" but you should've built this model in Autocad if you needed it to be a Solid model.

I realize it's too late now, but for future reference, always run tests before embarking on a big project like this. If you need to build something in one program and then transfer it to another, make sure that you will be able to do it successfully before you waste a lot of time building it. Create a small, simple model and try exporting it and see how it reacts. Find out if it will be usable in the other program before spending any time on the actual project. If the test model doesn't work, then you will know that you need to find another alternative.

Hopefully someone will be able to help you with this, but I don't have any ideas. :unsure:

• 10 months later...

JD Mather can i send you an example of what I want to convert ?

In fact that is mesh polyface I want to convert in Cad in Solid.

I was trying mesh to solid (not so bad) and Lupa 2.35 but when I have too much mesh its impossible. How can I do ?

You said with Inventor, but how ?

Thanks to answer

JD Mather can i send you an example of what I want to convert ?

Is the file too big to zip and attach here?

Do the surfaces form a "watertight" envelope?

List command returns how many surfaces?

Can you at least attach a screen capture here?

• 4 years later...

Hi,

I have 3d model of rat brain and I am trying to create a 3d solid model out of it.

Please guide me various steps that has to follow a solid model of it.

I have also attached my 3ds max file.

Thanks,

Romil

Rat_brain_hi.3ds

I have 3d model of rat brain and I am trying to create a 3d solid model out of it.

Why do you need it to be a solid? Are you planning on creating section views? Couldn't you just do the work in Studio Max? Why bring it into Autocad?